[Internals][FIG 3.0] Extending Nomination Period & Delaying FIG 3.0 Transition

138 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Michael Cullum

da leggere,
9 nov 2016, 12:09:4409/11/16
a FIG, PHP
Hi all,

Does anyone have any objections to extending the Core Committee nomination period one month and pushing the FIG 3.0 implementation timetable back a month (so the new implementation date will be 1st February)?

There are still a number of people looking to be nominated or considering standing; meanwhile right now we only have 7 candidates when 15-20 would be a much more appropriate number for a fair election and we think at least 12 at a minimum is still achievable if given a little more time.

--
FIG Secretaries

David Négrier

da leggere,
9 nov 2016, 12:34:4909/11/16
a PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi Michael,

The PHP-FIG Core Commitee deserves to have the best members we can find. The 10 days timeline was certainly too short and if we need to choose between the respecting the fixed timeline or giving us more time to find the best people, I'm definitely for the later solution.

I'm not a voting member but I'm +1 on extending the Core Committee nomination period.

--
David.

Chuck Burgess

da leggere,
9 nov 2016, 12:39:2109/11/16
a php...@googlegroups.com

No objection from PEAR...
CRB

Larry Garfield

da leggere,
9 nov 2016, 12:53:1909/11/16
a php...@googlegroups.com
Under the circumstances, I do not object.  What end-date are you proposing for nominations?  Early December?

--Larry Garfield

Korvin Szanto

da leggere,
9 nov 2016, 12:58:3709/11/16
a php...@googlegroups.com
We definitely need to delay this. Thank you for raising the issue Michael and Roman.

Lukas Kahwe Smith

da leggere,
9 nov 2016, 13:17:0009/11/16
a php...@googlegroups.com
+1 to extend from me as well.

I think its a big commitment and therefore needs to be thought out well.
At the same time I am sure we will find 15-20 very good candidates if we give it sufficient time.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

signature.asc

Alexander Makarov

da leggere,
9 nov 2016, 13:19:1709/11/16
a PHP Framework Interoperability Group
No objections.

Michael Cullum

da leggere,
9 nov 2016, 13:25:4609/11/16
a FIG, PHP
Answering this required me working backwards so I just did the full timetable. The new FIG 3.0 transition timetable would be as follows:

1st November: CC Nominations open
7th December: CC Nominations close (Initial nominations, people can accept nominations after this so long as voting hasn't started)
9th December: CC Election voting begins
23rd December: CC voting ends
24th December: CC results announced
25th December: CC takes post
16th January: Recommended date for PSRs to have working groups fully formed with a CC sponsor
17th January: Latest date for any FIG 2.0 votes to start except acceptance votes
17th January: Latest date for any PSRs to enter review under the old system
31st January: Latest date for any PSRs to start approval votes under the old system
31st January: Final deadline for PSRs to have full working groups formed with a CC sponsor
1st February: All votes and actions take place under new system; full transition
14th February: Latest possible date for any FIG 2.0 approval votes to have finished by
28th February: Deadline for any PSRs which entered review before the 17th December to form a Working Group with a CC sponsor if they failed their approval vote/didn’t get to their approval vote in time
May 2017: Next Secretary and CC election

--
Michael C

On 11/09/2016 11:08 AM, Michael Cullum wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone have any objections to extending the Core Committee nomination period one month and pushing the FIG 3.0 implementation timetable back a month (so the new implementation date will be 1st February)?

There are still a number of people looking to be nominated or considering standing; meanwhile right now we only have 7 candidates when 15-20 would be a much more appropriate number for a fair election and we think at least 12 at a minimum is still achievable if given a little more time.

--
FIG Secretaries

Paul Dragoonis

da leggere,
9 nov 2016, 23:51:5709/11/16
a php...@googlegroups.com

Hi Michael,

I am happy with this. I think it is the right call to make.

Many thanks,
Paul

--

Michiel Rook

da leggere,
10 nov 2016, 04:16:4710/11/16
a php...@googlegroups.com
No objections from Phing.

Shefik

da leggere,
10 nov 2016, 04:24:5110/11/16
a php...@googlegroups.com
No objection from Zikula either.

Shefik
+1 914-548-5033 mobile
she...@shefik.info

The information contained in this message and any attachment may be proprietary, confidential, and privileged or subject to the work product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message, and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof.

Jan Schneider

da leggere,
10 nov 2016, 06:33:4810/11/16
a php...@googlegroups.com