Working Group for PSR-5

GeeH

Jul 10, 2017, 6:25:10 AM7/10/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I am serious about getting PSR-5 moving again and would like to form a working group to get this accepted. From what I can see it's not in a bad place to be finished, it just needs a few more revisions and to have some momentum again. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Gary

Alexander Makarov

Jul 10, 2017, 7:56:04 PM7/10/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I am.

Chuck Burgess

Jul 11, 2017, 7:36:49 AM7/11/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
I can join...
CRB

On Jul 10, 2017 5:25 AM, "GeeH" <ga...@hock.in> wrote:
I am serious about getting PSR-5 moving again and would like to form a working group to get this accepted. From what I can see it's not in a bad place to be finished, it just needs a few more revisions and to have some momentum again. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Gary

Richard Quadling

Jul 12, 2017, 8:04:05 AM7/12/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hello Gary.

I'd like to get this moving too.

Areas where I can hopefully "get things done".

1. PHP Documentation. I'm a member of the PHP Documentation Team and am working to get the method and function signatures within PHP matching the PHP 7's syntax.
2. PHPStan (Static analysis tool for PHP). I'm pretty sure the latest release caters for PHP7's format but may need some minor tweaking.
3. PHP-CS (Code styling tool for PHP). Basically waiting for PSR-5 to accept that @method should match PHP7's syntax.

Beyond that, I think getting tools like PHP-CS to support PSR-5 and then a large number of PR's for the various OSS projects to make sure they are uptodate with the standard.

But getting the standard very well defined would make a lot of the tooling easier.

So. I'm in.

mbr...@acromediainc.com

Jul 12, 2017, 1:18:45 PM7/12/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hey Gary, I can help out. The company I'm with is currently doing a documentation sprint for Drupal, so we/I have a bit of experience writing the stuff.
Let me know what you need out of me and I can get started!

Matt

Daniel Leech

Jul 13, 2017, 11:19:13 AM7/13/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

I am currently working on a refactoring/introspection tool (phpactor[1]) so
would benefit from this work as would many others.

Happy to contribute to the working group :)

Cheers,

Dan

[1] https://github.com/phpactor/phpactor

> References
>
> Visible links
> 1. mailto:php-fig+u...@googlegroups.com
> 2. mailto:php...@googlegroups.com
> 3. https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/10bdeb6f-df81-45bf-8cf6-4d1a9cc5c10a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> 4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Ce Be

Jul 14, 2017, 6:44:24 PM7/14/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I am happy to help with that. I have implemented API doc parser for Yii Framework 2 so I can bring my experience in from there.

best regards,
Carsten

Miguel Piedrafita

Jul 18, 2017, 6:48:14 PM7/18/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi Gary,
If you still need people, I can join.

Damian Mooyman

Jul 30, 2017, 7:56:21 PM7/30/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Sorry for relative silence from me, but if you need help on getting momentum on this PSR I'm keen to give a bit of effort on this as well. Please let me know how I can best contribute, thanks. :)

I would love to see some of the work other members have been developing make it's way into a pratical tool, similar to what was done for PSR1 and PSR2 (https://github.com/squizlabs/PHP_CodeSniffer/tree/master/src/Standards/PSR2).

> 3. PHP-CS (Code styling tool for PHP). Basically waiting for PSR-5 to accept that @method should match PHP7's syntax.

Can we get some consensus on this, perhaps?

Otherwise I could help with reviewing and testing parts of the standard itself.

ise

Jan 29, 2018, 1:22:15 PM1/29/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I'm available for this, I would be very interested in getting PHPDoc standardised.

Chuck Burgess

Jan 29, 2018, 1:25:54 PM1/29/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hey everyone,
I intend to get this rolling again soon. I'm first working on helping get phpDocumentor3 finished up, so that I'll have a baseline implementation to work from. Once that's released, I'll be re-pinging this thread to see about formally building a Working Group.
CRB

Damian Mooyman

Jan 29, 2018, 2:59:00 PM1/29/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
That's awesome Chuck. Will phpDocumentor3 be based on psr-5?

Chuck Burgess

Jan 29, 2018, 3:01:25 PM1/29/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
I hope to nudge it as close as I can.  Part of what stalled PSR5 was much contention on how to *add/change* what phpdoc2 could already do.

Joe T.

Chuck Burgess

Jan 30, 2018, 3:34:06 PM1/30/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Secretaries,
I'd like to request taking over as Editor on PSR-5, and request a new Core Committee sponsor as per the new workflow.  I'm not too far off from finishing the preliminary phpdoc3 alpha release steps that I wanted in place before resuming this effort.
CRB

Alessandro Lai

Jan 31, 2018, 10:34:12 AM1/31/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
That's great news!

As per our bylaws (http://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/psr-workflow/#abandoned), you don't need our approval to go forward, you only need to restart the process from the draft stage.

To do that you'll need:
 - an editor (which you are requesting to be)
 - a CC sponsor (as you said)
 - a working group (at least 3 other individuals)

Once you have that, your sponsor can call for a CC vote to move PSR-5 back into the draft stage (yay!).

Once on draft stage, ping me or my colleagues to move stuff forward (PRs, GitHub groups, etc)

Chuck Burgess

Jan 31, 2018, 10:43:05 AM1/31/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Gary Hockin, Alexander Makarov, Richard Quadling:
Are you three still available for the initial working group?

Core Committee:
Can I get a willing sponsor for PSR-5?

CRB

Gary Hockin

Jan 31, 2018, 10:45:28 AM1/31/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I'll sponsor and be involved in the WG.

Chuck Burgess

Feb 12, 2018, 8:04:45 PM2/12/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
At this point, I have a CC sponsor and one WG member.

Joe T., are you still interested?

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 at 15:43 Chuck Burgess <demon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Gary Hockin, Alexander Makarov, Richard Quadling:
Are you three still available for the initial working group?

Core Committee:
Can I get a willing sponsor for PSR-5?

CRB

Joe T.

Feb 12, 2018, 9:17:41 PM2/12/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Chuck,

Sure! i'm new to the WG process, so might need some guidance, but i've been working with PHP for 15+ years.

Let me know where i start. :)
-joe

On Monday, 12 February 2018 20:04:45 UTC-5, Chuck Burgess wrote:
At this point, I have a CC sponsor and one WG member.

Joe T., are you still interested?
On Jan 31, 2018 09:45, "Gary Hockin" <ga...@hock.in> wrote:
Yep, I'll sponsor and be involved in the WG.

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 at 15:43 Chuck Burgess <demon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Gary Hockin, Alexander Makarov, Richard Quadling:
Are you three still available for the initial working group?

Core Committee:
Can I get a willing sponsor for PSR-5?

CRB

Joe T.

Feb 12, 2018, 9:19:18 PM2/12/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
(Beyond reading the current draft, that is.)
-jlt

Alexander Makarov

Michael Cullum

Feb 13, 2018, 5:37:58 AM2/13/18
to PHP FIG
Now that Gary is no longer involved with Jetbrains it might be wise to get some other IDE/CS-fixer-style tool representation in the working group.

Michael

Chuck Burgess

Feb 13, 2018, 1:18:19 PM2/13/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
Gary,

Do you know anyone back at JetBrains that might want to be in the Working Group?

Gary Hockin

Feb 14, 2018, 6:25:04 AM2/14/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
I don't, sorry.

Nikolaos Dimopoulos

Sep 13, 2018, 1:50:13 PM9/13/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Also interested in helping if you need more people. Similar to Joe, i am new to the WG process but happy to help if you need me

Nikos
Phalcon Framework

On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 8:04:45 PM UTC-5, Chuck Burgess wrote:
At this point, I have a CC sponsor and one WG member.

Joe T., are you still interested?
On Jan 31, 2018 09:45, "Gary Hockin" <ga...@hock.in> wrote:
Yep, I'll sponsor and be involved in the WG.

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 at 15:43 Chuck Burgess <demon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Gary Hockin, Alexander Makarov, Richard Quadling:
Are you three still available for the initial working group?

Core Committee:
Can I get a willing sponsor for PSR-5?

CRB

Chuck Burgess

Sep 13, 2018, 1:59:59 PM9/13/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the interest.  I already have a revived Working Group and updated documents.  Right now I'm just waiting on our Sponsor to call an Entrance Vote.  Watch for this to happen, and then we'll be able to have Draft phase discussions on the docs... join in at that point 👍
CRB