Update PSR-3 for modern typing

Larry Garfield

May 28, 2021, 11:14:50 AM5/28/21
to PHP-FIG
PSR-3 is probably the most widely used interface PSR. It still hasn't been type-updated, yet. We should do that.

This would also be an ideal opportunity finally get rid of the ancient PHPUnit classes in the interface package, which have no business being there.

Jordi, do you want to do the honors or should I do so?

--
Larry Garfield
la...@garfieldtech.com

Alessandro Lai

May 31, 2021, 8:53:53 AM5/31/21
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
IIRC half of the work (for typing) was already done on Monolog 2.0: https://github.com/Seldaek/monolog/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

Alessandro Lai

Jun 4, 2021, 7:27:40 AM6/4/21
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Jordi responded that he doesn't have the time to deal with the upgrade.
Shall we proceed without him?

https://github.com/php-fig/log/pull/75#issuecomment-854538519

Larry Garfield

Jun 4, 2021, 9:38:15 AM6/4/21
to PHP-FIG
Sounds like it. I'll add a PSR-3 update to my todo list in the next week or two.

--
Larry Garfield
la...@garfieldtech.com
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/32f5021b-b6ce-431c-86cf-6706d664e942n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/32f5021b-b6ce-431c-86cf-6706d664e942n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Larry Garfield

Jun 4, 2021, 1:42:23 PM6/4/21
to PHP-FIG
Make that the next hour or three. :-)

https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/1231
https://github.com/php-fig/log/pull/76
https://github.com/php-fig/log/pull/77

Details in the PRs. Of note, both require PHP 8.0 because of Stringable. I also merged the abstract class and trait, as they're identical, but I'm not certain if that's technically legal. Open to input on that front.

--
Larry Garfield
la...@garfieldtech.com