[VOTE][CC] fig/log-test 1.0.0 Approval Vote

Ralf Lang

Aug 19, 2022, 2:17:54 AM8/19/22
to php-fig

Hello everyone,

I hereby call a CC vote for the approval of the first release 1.0.0 of auxiliary resource fig/log-test.

The library is a direct port of existing repo psr/log-util (unreleased) which has been in the current form for long but has naming issues. You can view it as-is here: https://github.com/php-fig/log-test/ - Direct editing was the exception.
Further evolution will be handled as PRs with the appropriate process.

As per the bylaws I understand this is an Approval vote and it requires 2/3 approval/yes of voting CC Members, voting quorum 50%.

Mission and Structure

  • Auxiliary Resources (ARs) are additional tools, code libraries, or examples that relate to or support a PSR or PER. Examples include common partial implementations of a PSR or PER, "no-op" implementations, or testing utilities for PSR or PER implementations. All ARs must directly relate to one or more PSRs or PERs. An AR is developed by a Maintainer.
  • For changes that would qualify as major releases, the release is subject to a mandatory Approval Vote from the Core Committee.

Voting Protocol

  • Only Core Committee members may vote, either For (+1), Against (-1), or Abstain (+0). Quorum is 50%. A 2/3 majority is required for passage.

Votes take place over a period of two weeks (or at the reaching of 100%
quorum), so votes will be accepted up to 2022-09-02 11:00:00 UTC.

Regards

Ralf Lang

Larry Garfield

Aug 19, 2022, 1:18:40 PM8/19/22
to PHP-FIG
+1

--
Larry Garfield
la...@garfieldtech.com

On Fri, Aug 19, 2022, at 1:17 AM, Ralf Lang wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> I hereby call a CC vote for the approval of the first release 1.0.0 of
> auxiliary resource fig/log-test.
>
> The library is a direct port of existing repo psr/log-util (unreleased)
> which has been in the current form for long but has naming issues. You
> can view it as-is here: https://github.com/php-fig/log-test/ - Direct
> editing was the exception.
> Further evolution will be handled as PRs with the appropriate process.
>
> As per the bylaws I understand this is an Approval vote and it requires
> 2/3 approval/yes of voting CC Members, voting quorum 50%.
>
> Mission and Structure
>
> * Auxiliary Resources (ARs) are additional tools, code libraries, or
> examples that relate to or support a PSR or PER. Examples include
> common partial implementations of a PSR or PER, "no-op"
> implementations, or testing utilities for PSR or PER implementations.
> All ARs must directly relate to one or more PSRs or PERs. An AR is
> developed by a Maintainer.
> * For changes that would qualify as major releases, the release is
> subject to a mandatory Approval Vote from the Core Committee.
> Voting Protocol
>
> * Only Core Committee members may vote, either For (+1), Against (-1),
> or Abstain (+0). Quorum is 50%. A 2/3 majority is required for passage.
> Votes take place over a period of two weeks (or at the reaching of 100%
> quorum), so votes will be accepted up to 2022-09-02 11:00:00 UTC.
>

> Regards
>
> Ralf Lang

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/23ffedad-e087-f10c-da66-d7f95c61e26e%40gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/23ffedad-e087-f10c-da66-d7f95c61e26e%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Woody Gilk

Aug 19, 2022, 1:19:51 PM8/19/22
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1

Chuck Burgess

Aug 19, 2022, 1:35:01 PM8/19/22
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1
CRB

Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Aug 19, 2022, 6:26:10 PM8/19/22
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

ch...@ctankersley.com

Aug 20, 2022, 1:11:13 AM8/20/22
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1

-Chris

Cees-Jan Kiewiet

Aug 21, 2022, 12:01:15 PM8/21/22
to php...@googlegroups.com

Korvin Szanto

Aug 21, 2022, 2:05:22 PM8/21/22
to php...@googlegroups.com

Ken Guest

Aug 22, 2022, 6:08:56 AM8/22/22
to php...@googlegroups.com

Michelle Sanver

Aug 22, 2022, 11:04:46 AM8/22/22
to php...@googlegroups.com

Jaap van Otterdijk

Sep 2, 2022, 7:05:06 AM9/2/22
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1

Ralf Lang

Sep 4, 2022, 3:57:34 AM9/4/22
to php-fig
Thank you all. Voting period has closed.
Of the 12 persons eligible for voting, 10 (83.3_%) gave a vote. This passes the necessary quorum of 6 (50%) as documented in the bylaws.
Of the 10 votes received, 10 (100%) were a +1 vote. This passes the necessary approval rate of ~7 (66.6_%) as documented in the bylaws.

Release of fig/log-test has been approved and will happen as soon as possible.