[PSR-12] Moving Back to DRAFT Status

Chris Tankersley

May 15, 2018, 12:51:43 PM5/15/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hello FIG!

The working group for PSR-12 has decided to move the PSR back into draft status, as per a meeting of the PSR-12 working group that was done on May 3rd. The group has decided that there are some additional changes that need to be made to the spec, which necessitates the PSR being moved back to Draft status.

There are some questions with regards to parenthesis and language constructs which need to be addressed. A few other PRs were talked about that dealt with what we feel are personal preferences, and we want to try to avoid adding them during this new draft phase. A few other areas have been deemed to need additional examples and clarifications.

As the Sponsor, I'm formally moving the PSR back into Draft status.

- Chris Tankersley and PSR-12 working group

Joe T.

May 15, 2018, 10:33:06 PM5/15/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
This is, frankly, a relief.

i hope this will open more discussion. i think there have been several well informed and reasonable responses (by others) that should be considered during this new draft period. Directly confronting the poll-result origins of the original standards, filling in gaps, settling inconsistencies...

Anyway, i'm grateful for this course of action. If there's some way i can contribute, i welcome the opportunity.
-joe t.

Adrien Crivelli

May 15, 2018, 11:42:24 PM5/15/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
This is a good news. I hope that this new draft status will allow us to focus on simplicity and consistency within the spec (as opposed to with existing code base). Even if that means "breaking" code out there, or even breaking with PSR-2. This would be for the best in the long term. Of course the `declare()` whitespace comes to mind, but I am sure that there other things.

Is there any specific plan on what the next move will be ? and who should be involved ? and how ?

Alessandro Lai

May 16, 2018, 3:45:23 AM5/16/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
The PSR will follow its normal course: the WG has already discussed a few thing that are needed to be fixed, and appropriate PRs will be submitted. After that, a new review vote will be held, and the PSR will go back into review phase.

Larry Garfield

May 17, 2018, 10:56:22 PM5/17/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:45:23 AM EDT Alessandro Lai wrote:
> The PSR will follow its normal course: the WG has already discussed a few
> thing that are needed to be fixed, and appropriate PRs will be submitted.
> After that, a new review vote will be held, and the PSR will go back into
> review phase.

When it comes back for another Review round, please include a textual
description of what's changed as well as a link to the proper diff. That will
make it much easier to see what has and hasn't changed, given that it's a
fairly long spec.

Merci bien!

--Larry Garfield

signature.asc