Geminated, pharyngealized and labialized phonemes

mob...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2024, 10:05:45 AMFeb 13
to Phon
Hi all,

When I run the "Inventory/phone" analysis (with Phonex expression: \c), Phon only returns singleton consonants with no secondary articulation (see Image 1).

However, Phon seems to recognize these phonemes (e.g., /sˤː/) in other analyses (e.g., PPC analysis in image 2).

Is there a way to get Phon to return the geminated and other phonemes with secondary articulation when running the inventory/phone analysis?

Best regards,
Abdel
Image 2.png
Image 1.png

Yvan Rose

Feb 14, 2024, 10:39:22 AMFeb 14
to ph...@googlegroups.com
Dear Abdel,
Thank you for your note. We will make sure to include these complex consonants as part of our phone inventory in the upcoming version of Phon.

Kind regards,
Yvan

Image 2.pngImage 1.png