চীনের যে অস্ত্র ভারতের জন্য চিন্তার কারন। চীন-ভারত সামরিক সংঘাত: কার শক্তি কতটা

Post Card

Jun 22, 2020, 1:37:49 AM6/22/20
to Post Card, LA Discussion, pfc

Post Card

Jun 22, 2020, 2:44:08 AM6/22/20
to Post Card, LA Discussion, pfc

Sitangshu Guha

Jun 22, 2020, 8:18:58 AM6/22/20
to pfc-f...@googlegroups.com, LA Discussion, Post Card

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post Card <abahar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sitanggshu Guha

Sitangshu Guha

Jun 22, 2020, 8:31:57 AM6/22/20
to pfc-f...@googlegroups.com, LA Discussion, Post Card
A Dialogue Between George Floyd and Nikhil Talukdar

Sitangshu Guha, 16 June 2020: Two friends, George Floyd, a black man from Minneapolis, USA and Nikhil Talukdar, a poor Hindu farmer from Gopalganj, Bangladesh meet in another world. George Floyd was killed by a white policeman, Nikhil Talukdar was killed by a Muslim policeman.

George: What is your name?

Nikhil: Nikhil, what is yours?

George: George.

Nikhil: It is nice to know you.

George: Thank you. I have heard your name and I know that you were also killed by the police.

Nikhil: Yes, it was about a week after your death. But, hey, I saw a lot of very important people attended your funeral. It was televised around the world.

George: Yes, that was wonderful. How was your funeral?

Nikhil: Well, I was cremated before the world came to know about my death.

George: What happened to you, Nikhil?

Nikhil: You were chased for apparently using a fake twenty-dollar bill, and I was for playing cards. The policeman eventually caught up with me and killed me by breaking my spine.

George: My past is not clean, I have been to jail, but you are an innocent farmer and as far as I understand playing cards is not illegal, even in your country, then why has this happened to you? Is this because you are a Hindu?

Nikhil: What was that policeman thinking as he strangled you with his knee? This is a black man, it would not be a big deal if he dies, Am I right? Similarly, in Bangladesh, killing a Hindu person or taking away his property do not bear much consequence. Law usually does not punish the perpetrators.

George: I was killed by white police; we call it racism. Is there racism in your country?

Nikhil: It is a different kind of racism. Blacks face discrimination in America because of their race, their skin color, in Bangladesh Hindus face discrimination because of the religion they practice or just because their names identify them as belonging to the Bengali Hindu community. We do not call it racism; we call it religious communal repression.

George: Oh, I understand! It looks like racism and communal repression are similar?

Nikhil: Yes, they are similar to some extent, but they are also different in many aspects.

George: How come?

Nikhil: You were born as a black, but your death launched a movement. I was born poor, and I died poor, but in addition I died in vain. I belonged to the Hindu community, and it is laughable to think that my death could launch a movement against the repression of Hindus in Bangladesh.

George: What are you saying?

Nikhil: In spite of the coronavirus, millions of people marched on the street to protest your death, major networks carried the news, politicians demanded dismantling systemic racism not only within the police, but in every American institution. Many white policemen took the knee to ask for forgiveness. For a poor Hindu farmer like me, the death news was simply a footnote in the newspapers, people did not take to the streets because they were too busy denouncing racism in America. It is true!

They watch American TV and get riled up by what is happening in America, but they have no understanding of the injustice that is happening next door to them. No, I misspoke, they willfully ignore what is happening next door.

George: Are you sure?

Nikhil: Listen, after I was killed, initially my family was not even allowed to file a case! Later, only after some commotion a case was filed.

George: See, the law has taken in course.

Nikhil: Not necessarily, the process is not transparent. In the meantime, my family may face the wrath of the majority!

George: Are you saying there is no law and order in the country?

Nikhil: There is some, but Hindus have no recourse to that.

George: So you will be in pain even after your death?

Nikhil: You got it! George, you died, your family will be compensated. Your daughter’s college education is already free. There will be scholarships in your name, but more than that your death has launched an awakening that will change America for the best.

George: I do not understand! I was killed by a white policeman, now all whites are crying for me. One police killed me, now the whole police department in kneeling down in support of the protesters.

Nikhil: That is why, I am telling you are lucky. I was killed by a Muslim policeman, rather than following the procedure, in a meeting, where even a few Hindus participated, the local leaders decided not to file any case and persuaded my wife to accept their decision in lieu of two lakh taka, which is about $2300, and jobs for my wife and brother.

George: Did your wife accept the offer?

Nikhil: You will not understand George! It is impossible to stay in the village if you disobey the ruling of the local leaders. How could a wife of a poor farmer can go against them? It is almost impossible!

George: But you said, a case has been filed?

Nikhil: Yes, a case was eventually filed. This is because some expatriate Bangladeshi Hindus protested, and also the Bangladesh Government could not ignore the strong sentiment that was associated with the Black Lives Matter movement. Unfortunately, if we go by history, such cases are never resolved and my killer will never face justice.

George: I am sorry, my friend!

Nikhil: See, George, your death has brightened the future of your daughter, it has changed the country, you have become a hero. My death has not only terminated my life, it would put my wife and two little children in the street. I was a poor farmer to begin with and in death I have become absolutely nobody. Your and my journeys were the same, my friend, but the outcomes are very different.

George: I still cannot understand, a crime has been committed, why justice will not be served?

Nikhil: If the policeman were tried, it would tarnish the image of my country as being an exemplary Islamic country of communal harmony, where different religious and ethnic groups thrive in spite of it being a Muslim country. You may not know Hindus are being driven out of their homes for decades in this country.

George: My God! The movement Black Lives Matter got energized after my death. Will there be anything like that for you?

Nikhil: Some expatriate Hindus of my country, had started a movement called Hindu Lives Matter, but nothing will come out of this!

George: Why not?

Nikhil: In your country majority, the majority whites has come forward to amend the wrong. In my country, some of the majority Muslims are either not aware that such injustices are being perpetrated or they intentionally ignore these injustices because they dream of an 100% Islamic country, but what unites these two groups is that both deny that the minority religious and ethnic groups are being subjected to discrimination and unfairness.

George: You are really unfortunate!

Nikhil: Finally, you understand! I thank you, my friend, for understanding.

George: Thank you also, I learned a lot, we will meet again. Our struggles continue.

--
Sitanggshu Guha

https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/nation/2020/06/04/gopalganj-farmer-killed-in-police-brutality?fbclid=IwAR000ebA_4FrhqKu79Lndv9toezmZaABFcbA2qoHBU7Zpl3IJ0Q8oK_Zj4w

Gopalganj farmer killed in police brutality

Dhaka Tribune, June 4th, 2020

image.png

The deceased Nikhil Karmakar Collected

Manoj Kumar Saha, Gopalganj: Police say Nikhil's death was an accident and no complaints were lodged over his death.

A farmer, who had his spinal cord broken in three places after he was allegedly beaten by police, has died while undergoing treatment at the National Institute of Traumatology & Orthopaedic Rehabilitation (NITOR) in Dhaka on Wednesday.

The deceased, Nikhil Karmakar, of Gopalganj’s Kotalipara was playing cards with his friends at the Ramshil Bazar when the incident took place on Tuesday, said Iti Karmakar, Nikhil's wife.

According to her statement, Kotalipara police arrived on the scene when Nikhil and his friends were playing cards. As soon as the police arrived, his friends ran, leaving Nikhil apprehended by Assistant Sub Inspector Shamim Uddin.

ASI Shamim then beat Nikhil for playing cards and broke his spine in three places, which the test showed later. He was then taken to NITOR, where he died while undergoing treatment.

Quoting the family sources, Ramshil UP Chairman, Khokon Bala, said: "Nikhil was known to be a well-mannered man. If the police engage in this sort of crime where would we go for justice."

Contacted, the accused ASI Shamim Uddin said: "I won’t comment on the matter. If you have any question you can ask the OC."

Kotalipara police station OC Sheikh Lutfar Rahman said: "As far as I know, Nikhil was critically injured after hitting a tree while evading from the police. He died while undergoing treatment."

Gopalganj Superintendent of Police Md Saidur Rahman Khan said: "As per my knowledge, Nikhil's death was an accident. We haven’t received any complaint of police brutality, but if we do we will surely investigate the incident."

Note: The tragic story of Nikhil Talukdar first comes out in a Dhaka daily, The Prothom Alo on 04 June 2020 and in The Daily Samakal the next day. Nikhil, a farmer was brutally killed by a Police officer Mohammed Shamim Uddin. The incident happened on 02 June 2020 at Kotalipara, Gopalganj, the electoral constituency of the sitting Prime Minister Sheik Hasina. Nikhil, a Hindu was playing cards along with three others, when the police officer caught him, although playing cards is not illegal in Bangladesh. The officer along with two civilians beat Nikhil mercilessly and in one stage officer forcibly break Nikhil’s backbone in 3 pieces with his knee! Later X-ray confirmed that. Nikhil was taken to local hospital and then to Dhaka, but he died on 04 June 2020. Initially no case was filed and the local government party leaders along with officials tried to settle the issue outside the court. But pressure mounted from outside Bangladesh and police accepted a case filed by the younger brother of the victim, the officer was arrested.

Sitangshu Guha

guh...@gmail.com

Cell 1-646-696-5569

lf2045

Jun 22, 2020, 12:44:02 PM6/22/20
to pfc-f...@googlegroups.com, LA Discussion, Post Card
Dada,you work full time for India  and I appreciate your sincere loyalty but most of the time you over estimate  the LOVE Bangladeshis  have for your India .Yes, you are right in a sense that Govt is in favor of India because it owes its survival to them

What caused India to help Bangkadesh's cessation from Pakistan is a wide  open topic.But , Dada,the song of 71 is not popular anymore because Bangladeshis now know what INDIa is.

Mahbub

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device