Entry Fee Issue - Late or Day of Show

Route 66 Barn Hunt

Jan 15, 2021, 9:38:45 AM1/15/21
to PawTapBHA Secretary Software Discussion Group
Our entries closed 10 days ago. When I add late entries, the software still lists it as pre-entry, even though the entry date in the software is after the closing date. Our late and DOS entry fees have been setup. After adding the late entries, I have to delete them every time and then add them back in to get the late fee rate to show up on the payments. Also, when adding the initial entry, the date entered is correct on the dog's trial setup screen, but after I add it the software shows a 2018 date. I have to manually correct that every single time.
Would be great to know if there's a way to fix this.
I've gone through the "Maintenance" options and haven't found a way to fix this systematically. Think I'm missing something when setting up the event and trial.
I did see a previous post about adding late fee and day of show fees later, but that doesn't seem right. I'd think you would want to add that when you setup your event.

Thanks,
Teresa Vargas Route 66 Barn Hunt

Brenda Hinkemeyer

Jan 15, 2021, 9:40:55 AM1/15/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
Did you mark the entry closed in the software?  Don't do that.

--
http://pawtap.net

Pam Opanowitz

Jan 15, 2021, 9:46:24 AM1/15/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
This is an issue that seems to be consistent for me.  Even tho the date looks correct...it isn't.  Click on the "change date" option.    Re-enter the date manually and it will fix it.

I ONLY fix the date for entries that are on the wait list or when I have a late or DOS entry and need the late/DOS fee to pull.

Pam Opanowitz
BHAJ-100A
Allen, TX

Jen Giacchi

Jan 15, 2021, 9:48:14 AM1/15/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
I have both of those same problems. I don’t mark anything closed in the software. It’s very odd! I’m using Windows 10.

Jen

Sent from my iPhone

Route 66 Barn Hunt

Jan 15, 2021, 9:54:44 AM1/15/21
to PawTapBHA Secretary Software Discussion Group
Brenda,
I don't know how to mark the entry closed in the software, yet... ;-)

Pam,
Yes I figured out the change date option, but it's still listing the entries as pre-entry on the payments screen. I have to delete the runs then add them back in for the payments screen to reflect the late fee rate. Kind of a pain when you receive multiple late entries for one handler. Maybe the answer is in not accepting late or day of show entries? LOL

Teresa

Brenda Hinkemeyer

Jan 15, 2021, 10:06:32 AM1/15/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
The entire payment system is kind of worthless.  I just correct the email before I hit send.

Pam Opanowitz

Jan 15, 2021, 10:10:03 AM1/15/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
Brenda,

I do the same.  You're not required to send confirmations for late entries but I do and just correct the fees on the email before sending.  I do not worry at all about the payments for day of show (when we have them which is next to never these day).  I only use the payment system as far as recording what was paid for my knowledge.

Pam Opanowitz
BHAJ-100A
Allen, TX

Brenda Hinkemeyer

Jan 15, 2021, 10:14:12 AM1/15/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
I use spreadsheets because I need to be able to reconcile the deposits and pay pal payments.