Sending catalogue to BHA

Linda Laliberte

Oct 26, 2021, 7:53:59 PM10/26/21
to PawTapBHA Secretary Software Discussion Group
I have send in all our results successfully except the catalogue, which shows all that entered and everyone's score whether Passed, Failed or absent.

The Pawtap produces a pdf format catalogue but I cannot upload it to BHA as they will only  accept  excel format.

How do you get a pdf format file to an excel, so that I can upload it??

Thanks for any help in advance!

Linda
Trial Secretary
Swansea Dog Obedience Club

Brenda Hinkemeyer

Oct 26, 2021, 7:55:26 PM10/26/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
You don't.  You do a spreadsheet just like the results.  It is one of the options when saving results.

--
http://pawtap.net

Elizabeth Staley

Oct 26, 2021, 8:13:42 PM10/26/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
The catalog can be a pdf. Results must be excel. I do this every trial. I only upload passing in a spreadsheet- it gives me an easy count of our Qs so i can reorder ribbons.

Elizabeth

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 26, 2021, at 7:59 PM, Linda Laliberte <ladylla...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have send in all our results successfully except the catalogue, which shows all that entered and everyone's score whether Passed, Failed or absent.

Wendy Hodges

Oct 26, 2021, 8:14:30 PM10/26/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
The Marked Catalog is supposed to be in word or PDF format.  Under Event Uploads, Upload type > select < Marked Show Catalog, choose which event it is for and then choose the file to upload.

It should work with the PDF that PawTap produces, I just did this for an event this past weekend.
Wendy Hodges

Brenda Hinkemeyer

Oct 26, 2021, 8:24:39 PM10/26/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
It does not have to be in pdf or Word.  I upload the excel file with all results that pastas puts out.   It is on the same page as the results export.

Wendy Hodges

Oct 26, 2021, 8:33:48 PM10/26/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
Good to know.  I thought the marked catalogued had to be in PDF or Word format according to P. 24, Part 22, Number 3 of the club rulebook.

We've been doing it that way, but in reality, it is redundant since we produce the type of Results Spreadsheet that includes Passes, Fails, and Absences as described in Number 1 on the same page as above.

Wendy

agilit...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2021, 8:34:26 PM10/26/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
Under "Exports for BHA" you can select the option to "Export XLS File with A/B Classes - Pass/Fail/ABS.  This file saves as an Excel spreadsheet.  You also have to make the same selection for Crazy 8.

Under "Show Catalog", when you click Running Orders for All Classees and All Levels - View Catalog for Event Weekend, it appears as a Marked Show catalog.  Click "Print" and then on your printer choice select "Microsoft Print to PDF" or any other PDF printer you have installed.  It will prompt you to name and save the file.  You can then upload the pdf to BHA under the Event Uploads.

Shelley Marvin

Linda Laliberte

Oct 26, 2021, 9:04:53 PM10/26/21
to PawTapBHA Secretary Software Discussion Group

Thanks so much for all your help!!

Linda

Laurie Cowhig

Oct 26, 2021, 9:12:39 PM10/26/21
to pawtapbh...@googlegroups.com
If you submit the results sheet with Passes, Fails, and Absents (A report you can generate in PawTap) you do not have to upload a marked catalog. See the section pasted below from the Club Rulebook.

Just an FYI

Part 22: Results
All Event results uploads and payments are due to Barn Hunt within 7 days of the last date of the Event.
1. Results Spreadsheet (mandatory). Use the "Scoresheet Guide" on page 25 to produce an excel spreadsheet.
Actual spreadsheet samples are also available through Secretary Functions/Resources. This document contains
information that is directly applied to the dog’s record and accuracy is critical. If you list Passes, Fails, and Absents
on this sheet, you do not have to produce or submit a separate Marked Catalog.
• Regular Classes and Crazy 8s use separate spreadsheets.
• Use the Results Checker, available under Secretary Functions, to check your results before submitting them.
Clubs who submit incorrect results may be subject to fines.
2. Online Trial Summary Report (mandatory). Use "Filling Out the Online TSR" on page 26 as a guide to submit
an Online Trial Summary Report. It is critical that this report is accurate since the numbers and times affect
Judge performance reports as well as Club efficiency.
3. Marked Catalog (mandatory or optional depending on what type of Results Spreadsheet submitted, see
above). Produce a marked catalog in pdf and/or Word format. A separate Marked Catalog is loaded for Regular
Classes and Crazy 8s. The marked catalog must include:
• Club Name
• Trial Date and Number (i.e., 12/01/2019 Trial 1)
• For each Dog entered: the dog’s registration number, registered name, call name, owner(s) name, Class entered
(i.e., Novice A or Master B), Judge name, status (pass, fail, absent), time or points, placement, email.

Laurie Cowhig

Redwood Ratters

"Come play with us!!!!!"