Connection Aliases

Scott Currie

Aug 15, 2022, 5:20:06 PM8/15/22
to pat-users
I'm trying to add a second connection alias to my config on gensio, but it seems whatever I try, I still only have one option in the alias pulldown--telnet. I even tried coping from the example code:

  "connect_aliases": {
    "telnet": "telnet://{mycall}:CMST...@cms.winlink.org:8772/wl2k","LA1B": "winmor://LA3F?freq=5350"
  },

But I still just have telnet as the only option:

Pat.jpg

-Scott, NS7C

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

Aug 15, 2022, 5:27:36 PM8/15/22
to Scott Currie, pat-users
We should update those examples. Winmor support has been removed.

Can you please try with ardop? E.g. "MYALIAS": "ardop:///LA5NTA".

Thanks for starting a new thread :)

Scott Currie

Aug 15, 2022, 5:31:37 PM8/15/22
to pat-users
OK, it looks like this now:

  "connect_aliases": {
    "telnet": "telnet://{mycall}:CMST...@cms.winlink.org:8772/wl2k","MYALIAS": "ardop:///LA5NTA"
  },

But still only the telnet option in the GUI....

-Scott, NS7C

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

Aug 15, 2022, 5:34:57 PM8/15/22
to Scott Currie, pat-users
Hmm.. that's weird. Could you please test using the latest official release and not the gensio fork?

Thanks!

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

Aug 15, 2022, 5:39:25 PM8/15/22
to Scott Currie, pat-users
It would also be useful if you could send a screenshot of the data returned from the API endpoint: http://localhost:8080/api/connect_aliases.

Thank you :)

steve.m...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2022, 6:14:31 PM8/15/22
to pat-users
This might be worth trying: I've found that after modifying aliases, it's not enough to restart 'pat http'. I also force-refresh the browser (shift-click refresh) and then the alias changes appear in the dropdown. This is in Firefox on a Raspberry Pi.

73,
Steve
AG7GN

Scott Currie

Aug 15, 2022, 6:27:22 PM8/15/22
to pat-users
Yes, I tried refreshing the browser...

Same results on v0.12.1 (CCB4934) Windows/386 - Go1.17.5.

The gensio version is v0.12.1 (734642a) windows/AMD64 - Go1.18

Same config.json used on both.

From the API:

-Scott, NS7C

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

Aug 16, 2022, 1:08:28 PM8/16/22
to Scott Currie, pat-users
Hmm... very strange 🤔

Are you sure you are editing the correct config file? Please run 'pat env' and look for PAT_CONFIG_PATH.

If that all checks out, do you mind share your complete config file? (Remember to clear out your password).

--
Martin

Sky

Aug 16, 2022, 1:31:45 PM8/16/22
to Martin Hebnes Pedersen, Scott Currie, pat-users
For debugging you might also reverse the order of the ARDOP and TELNET entries, so ARDOP comes first. Then check the popup menu to see if telnet is still the only one there. That might indicate wrong file. Or you could modify the telnet portion to have some unique string that you can check for when you pop the menu. If it's not in the TELNET entry in the menu, then you have the wrong file.

I verified by typing your entries in my own config and the menu definitely changed. I restarted Pat each time and I'm using the port 8080 HTTP interface.

The other thing that occurred to me is perhaps curly quotes accidentally got into your config rather than straight quotes? You might re-type the config, not copy-paste, to ensure you have the correct quote characters.

-Sky / aa6ax

Scott Currie

Aug 16, 2022, 9:32:21 PM8/16/22
to pat-users
OK, hate it when this happens...
I check the environment and confirmed I was editing the correct config.json (there is only one on this system, I did a search to make sure). I then went to gather the doc to post here, but I ran a test first. It worked as expected! I can't make it fail now. I did shutdown and restarted Windows since yesterday, but can't think why that would change anything. I have since made changes to the aliases, and they show right up in the menu.

Go figure...

-Scott, NS7C