Pat Compose command line attachments broken?

KM4ACK

Jun 28, 2022, 5:00:50 PM6/28/22
to pat-users
I am playing with Pat Compose from the command line. If I run:
echo "Image - See attached" | pat compose KF7VUT -s "Image"
The message will post to the outbox correctly with "Image - See attached" in the body. However, as soon as I add the attachment with:
echo "Image - See attached" | pat compose KF7VUT -a /run/user/1000/image.jpg -s "Image"

I get the following in the terminal:
This seems to be an image. Auto resize? [Y/n]: Null message body; hope that's ok
WARNING - Message does not validate: Empty body
Message posted

Do I have the wrong syntax?

This is running on a Pi 4 Bullseye with the VARA beta version of Pat. Pat v0.12.1 (45c5064) linux/arm - go1.18

73, de KM4ACK

Ed Fardos

Jun 28, 2022, 6:40:56 PM6/28/22
to KM4ACK, pat-users
I'd say it's a bug.  The process starts reading from the terminal when it prompts for the image resizing, stops reading from the shell stdin.

-craig
KM6LYW