Access to VARA FM settings once installed

James Hall

Sep 21, 2022, 8:25:13 PM9/21/22
to pat-users
Hello:

I’m new to the group. I need to access the PTT settings in VARA FM. It is installed on a RPi 4 with Build A Pi. Once installed, to run it, it seems to run in the background and I cannot see the 4 dials and the Settings menu.

Any help appreciated.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL

M F

Sep 23, 2022, 4:33:40 PM9/23/22
to James Hall, pat-users
May be silly, but did you try minimize and restore the window? Sometimes my VARA on Wine comes up with just a window frame and no contents, minimize and restore shows the window contents.

-Masen KF7HVM

On Sep 21, 2022, at 17:25, James Hall <wb4...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello:

Wheez

Sep 23, 2022, 5:40:49 PM9/23/22
to pat-users
That's great news! I'm glad you were able to get everything figured out.

I'm not sure about the audio level stuff or if it's even still a problem for you, but sometimes the audio levels seem to have a bunch of noise if a USB sound card is not selected? I'm not an expert on the sound settings though.

In any event, glad things are working now.

73, de KI7POL