.b2f to .mime conversion

s.v.h...@gmail.com

May 13, 2022, 11:13:11 PM5/13/22
to pat-users
I am wondering if there exists a conversion routine already to convert from .b2f message format to .mime message format ( and /or the reverse ) ?
If not , then I'll try my hand at it, but figured it would not hurt to ask and not re-invent the wheel.

Reason I want such a beast is that there's a number of us that use Pat and Winlink , and would like to have one place to collect all of the messages rather than on two or three platforms. I use Pat on a Pi and a Mac, RMS Express on a Mac and Windows - and sometimes an important message gets collected by a not-ideal app.

Thanks in advance,
Al
K7AOZ
73

LA5NTA

May 14, 2022, 3:35:00 AM5/14/22
to pat-users
Hi,

IIRC paclink-unix implements such a conversion.

If you do decide to write a tool for this, you'll probably benefit from the fbb package developed for use with Pat. It handles the B2F/FBB message (de)serialization.

I guess you'll also find a number of Go packages implementing MIME.

Good luck :-)

--
73 de LA5NTA / Martin

Basil Gunn

May 14, 2022, 12:09:41 PM5/14/22
to pat-users
paclink-unix repo on github

See wl2mime.c and mime2wl.c
Note it uses the Linux gmime library.
See the buildall.sh script for build instructions.
/Basil n7nix

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

May 17, 2022, 2:55:06 AM5/17/22
to Basil Gunn, pat-users