Instructions for PACTOR support

Torsten Harenberg

Apr 22, 2018, 11:47:54 AM4/22/18
to pat-users
Hi,

for the brave amongst you with PACTOR modems:

I updated the instructions to get PACTOR running with Pat

https://github.com/harenber/ptc-go/blob/master/README.md

In particular, the instructions now contain a section how to compile a
version of Pat containing PACTOR support.

The code is beta, however it worked okay for me (my test setup is a
PTC-IIusb connected to a Raspberry Pi 2). Feedback is welcome.

73s

Torsten DL1THM

Mitch Winkle

Sep 13, 2019, 1:29:47 PM9/13/19
to pat-users
Torsten,
These instructions don't appear to work for me. Perhaps I do not have go installed or configured correctly?

go version go1.10.4 linux/amd64

I cloned the git code and

./make.bash libax25 seems to complete ok, but ./make.bash fails at :

mitch@rcslin:~/go/github.com/la5nta/pat$ ./make.bash
Updating git submodules...
Running tests...
can't load package: package _/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat: cannot find package "_/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat" in any of:
/usr/lib/go-1.10/src/_/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat (from $GOROOT)
/home/mitch/go/src/_/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat (from $GOPATH)
can't load package: package _/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat/cfg: cannot find package "_/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat/cfg" in any of:
/usr/lib/go-1.10/src/_/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat/cfg (from $GOROOT)
/home/mitch/go/src/_/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat/cfg (from $GOPATH)
can't load package: package _/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat/internal/cmsapi: cannot find package "_/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat/internal/cmsapi" in any of:
/usr/lib/go-1.10/src/_/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat/internal/cmsapi (from $GOROOT)
/home/mitch/go/src/_/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat/internal/cmsapi (from $GOPATH)
can't load package: package _/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat/internal/gpsd: cannot find package "_/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat/internal/gpsd" in any of:
/usr/lib/go-1.10/src/_/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat/internal/gpsd (from $GOROOT)
/home/mitch/go/src/_/home/mitch/go/github.com/la5nta/pat/internal/gpsd (from $GOPATH)

Mitch Winkle

Sep 13, 2019, 2:40:27 PM9/13/19
to pat-users
Or it was operator head-space.  My go workspace was not set up properly.  Good to go now.

Mitch Winkle

Sep 14, 2019, 10:31:39 AM9/14/19
to pat-users
Has anyone successfully gotten the pactor transport into the web interface?  I have edited index.html, but it refuses to show up in the list for the Connect modal.

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:40:27 PM UTC-4, Mitch Winkle wrote:
Or it was operator head-space.  My go workspace was not set up properly.  Good to go now.

LA5NTA

Sep 14, 2019, 12:26:56 PM9/14/19
to pat-users
If you build from the `develop`-branch, you'll find the pactor transport in web gui.

--
73 de LA5NTA/Martin

Mitch Winkle

Sep 14, 2019, 2:29:39 PM9/14/19
to pat-users
Thanks Martin.  I will do that in a bit.

I ended up building a thick client (Qt) this afternoon on top of the pat installation, geared towards Radio Only.

If the client works out ok, I will release as open source for others to polish.

*****A quick question for you, on the Mid: value for each message.  Those appear to be just random
A-Z and 0-9 names of 12 characters each.  Am I correct?

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 12:26:56 PM UTC-4, LA5NTA wrote:
If you build from the `develop`-branch, you'll find the pactor transport in web gui.

--
73 de LA5NTA/Martin
PATerm.png.png

Mitch Winkle

Sep 14, 2019, 2:55:57 PM9/14/19
to pat-users
Running tests...
rmslist.go:19:2: use of internal package not allowed
main.go:33:2: use of internal package not allowed

Ah well.... I will give it some time to settle ;)

Mitch Winkle

Sep 14, 2019, 4:55:17 PM9/14/19
to pat-users
i found mid.go.  All set, thx.

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 2:29:39 PM UTC-4, Mitch Winkle wrote:

*****A quick question for you, on the Mid: value for each message.  Those appear to be just random
A-Z and 0-9 names of 12 characters each.  Am I correct?

John Ronan

Apr 11, 2020, 10:48:34 AM4/11/20
to pat-users
For a non GO programmer... have you a link where I can set up how to set to a GO Workspace?  I've GOPATH set but still seeing that same error message.

Thanks
John
EI7IG

Martin Hebnes Pedersen

Apr 11, 2020, 10:58:36 AM4/11/20
to John Ronan, pat-users
Hi John,

The latest version of Pat has pactor support built in, so there is no need to build it from source :)

No support for the P4 Dragon modems yet, unfortunately.

--
73 de LA5NTA / Martin

Finn Orestad

Apr 11, 2020, 11:32:42 AM4/11/20
to pat-users
Does the latest version also support Packet by the Packet modules in some SCS Tncs?
Probaby in KISS mode?

73 de LA7UM Finn

On Sunday, 22 April 2018 16:47:54 UTC+1, Torsten Harenberg wrote:
Hi,

for the brave amongst you with PACTOR modems:

I updated the instructions to get PACTOR running with Pat

https://github.com/harenber/ptc-go/blob/master/README.md

In particular, the instructions now contain a section how to compile a
version of Pat containing PACTOR support.

The code is beta, however it worked okay for me (my test setup is a
PTC-IIusb connected to a Raspberry Pi 2). Feedback is welcome.

73s

 Torsten DL1THM

Torsten Harenberg

Apr 11, 2020, 11:39:38 AM4/11/20
to Finn Orestad, pat-users

Hi Finn,

yes it does. I use that regularly.

It uses the WA8DED host mode. Please see

https://github.com/harenber/ptc-go/blob/master/README.md

for details.

73s

  Torsten DL1THM

11.04.2020 17:32:43 Finn Orestad <la7um...@gmail.com>:

Does the latest version also support Packet by the Packet modules in some SCS Tncs?
Probaby in KISS mode?

73 de LA7UM Finn

lørdag 11. april 2020 16.58.36 UTC+2 skrev LA5NTA følgende:
Hi John,

The latest version of Pat has pactor support built in, so there is n o need to build it from source :)
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pat-users/46282a45-b579-4e7d-875f-bd8d193df28e%40googlegroups.com.

John Ronan

Apr 11, 2020, 12:25:49 PM4/11/20
to pat-users

Oops.. I replied to Thorsten directly.

I wanted to try and test it with the DR-7400, I didn't see it mentioned in the 0.9.0, so I was first trying to build the current version before looking at blockmurder's version.

Given as it will probably rain tomorrow. I'm running out of things to do around the house ;)

Regards & Happy Easter
John
EI7IG

LA7UM Finn

Apr 11, 2020, 2:47:56 PM4/11/20
to pat-users
Thanks a lot Torsten.
Host mode probably implyes option of being QRV P2P both modes at the same time when all is finished.
But DR 7800 for me indicates further waiting.
Thanks for good work and Happy Easter.

LA7UM Finn

lørdag 11. april 2020 17.39.38 UTC+2 skrev Torsten Harenberg følgende:

Hi Finn,

yes it does. I use that regularly.

It uses the WA8DED host mode. Please see

https://github.com/harenber/ptc-go/blob/master/README.md

for details.

73s

  Torsten DL1THM

LA9IHA

Apr 17, 2020, 4:42:02 AM4/17/20
to pat-users
Hi,

I have a P4-Dragon DR-7400 connected here. It is available through TeamViewer. Would be ultra cool to get D4-Dragon support on PAT.

Would you like access credentials to log in? How can I send it?

73 de ottar LA9IHA

Torsten Harenberg

Apr 17, 2020, 5:38:03 AM4/17/20
to pat-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Otter,

thanks for the kind offer.

I might come back to it, but I just ordered a DR-7800 on Tuesday.
Delivery time is expected to be two weeks. If it would take much longer,
I would come back to you (in a private mail of course).

73s and stay healthy

Torsten DL1THM

adk...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2022, 2:57:38 PM8/1/22
to pat-users
Hi Folks
I have a pactor modem on a serial/usb adapter cable plugged into my pi running the latest PAT.  I changed the modem type to pactor and tried connecting to a few stations.  Seems like the software isn't connecting to the modem.  Anyt thoughts?

Torsten Harenberg

Aug 2, 2022, 2:06:22 AM8/2/22
to adk...@gmail.com, pat-users
Hi Andy,

did you configure pat to use your device as described here:

https://github.com/harenber/ptc-go/wiki#setup-1

?

Cheers

  Torsten DL1THM