Petition to Reduce the Influence of Money in OUR Elections!

PassMassAmendment

Aug 28, 2017, 10:48:43 PM8/28/17
to passmass...@googlegroups.com

To see web version, click here!

September, 2017: Petitioning time! See below.

We The Corporations JPEG.jpg

You are invited to our next monthly meeting: Saturday, September 9, at 1:30 at the Democracy Center, 45 Mount Auburn Street, Cambridge.

***

The 9-week push for signatures is about to begin!

Warm up your clipboards and test your pens, because we’re going to need your help in gathering 90,000 signatures in support of our newest ballot initiative campaign. It requires that those funding our Massachusetts state and municipal elections disclose all original sources of political contributions, or a disclaimer is added to all advertisements that “foreign nationals are most likely funding this advertisement.” This ballot initiative corresponds to our bill H3559, which is in the statehouse right now.

The signatures you gather bring us closer to this becoming a referendum question for the people to vote on directly. And they send a strong message to our legislators that we’re sick of “dark money” and foreign entities corrupting the democratic process!

Please do what you can!

•Think you have no time to help? Remember, every little bit counts. Really!

•Gathering signatures not your thing? Vital behind-the-scenes work awaits you.

We’ll let you know when to check our website for the information and materials you’ll need.

***

Stay closer to the action (Action List, that is):

Do you just get our monthly announcements? Do you welcome more frequent contact? “Yes,” you say? That’s great! Sign up for our Action List. Just reply to this email! We’d love to hear from you.

--
"The Battle of our Age"