NServiceBus.NHibernate using non-unicode varchar for subscription storage

Manuel Pallier

Sep 15, 2016, 1:33:33 AM9/15/16
to Particular Software
Helpful information to include
Product name: NServiceBus.NHibernate
Version: 6.2.7
Stacktrace: -

I noticed that the table storing subscription data that is created by NServiceBus.NHibernate uses VARCHAR(450) as data type for all its columns. Other tables (like timeout and sagas) use NVARCHAR.
Couldn't this be a problem if either the endpoint name or message type name contain unicode characters?

Szymon Pobiega

Sep 26, 2016, 12:41:51 AM9/26/16
to Particular Software
Hi

Thanks for bringing our attention to it. I've raised an issue here https://github.com/Particular/NServiceBus.NHibernate/issues/224. In order to address it correctly we need to figure out an upgrade plan because that ensures the change is 100% backwards-compatible and we won't break existing users who don't want to upgrade to new NVARCHAR version.

Szymon