Packer and Vsphere

Rutuja Kadam

Feb 12, 2018, 4:49:34 AM2/12/18
to Packer
Is there any builder type for Vsphere in packer?

Rickard von Essen

Feb 12, 2018, 5:12:51 AM2/12/18
to packe...@googlegroups.com
No there is currently not, but you can use vmware-iso 1) to build either on VMware Fusion/Workstation or ESXi and then the vsphere or vsphere-template 2) post-processor to upload it to your vSphere installation.

And actually  there is a thirdparty plugin from JetBrains for vSphere 3) and an open PR for adding support for vSphere, but it is not very active 4).

On 12 February 2018 at 10:49, Rutuja Kadam <rutuja...@cumminscollege.in> wrote:
Is there any builder type for Vsphere in packer?

IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Packer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/d3be49ae-9649-4bd4-abf1-a207878d774a%40googlegroups.com.

Rutuja Kadam

Feb 12, 2018, 6:34:39 AM2/12/18
to Packer
How can we write the builder type as VMware esxi?

Rickard von Essen