packet + vmware + cpu/memory hotplug

Skullone

Mar 9, 2018, 5:07:27 PM3/9/18
to Packer
Hello,

I'm new on packer, I succeeded in creating a vm with it, but i'm not able to find any option to enable cpu/memory hotplug in vmware.

Is there something like that available?

Thanks!

Rickard von Essen

Mar 10, 2018, 1:41:23 AM3/10/18
to packe...@googlegroups.com
It's configured in VMX see https://www.packer.io/docs/builders/vmware-iso.html#vmx_data

To figure out which key you need to set the simplest solution in to create a VM in VMware without CPU hot plug enabled and save a copy of the .vmx file. Then enable CPU hot plug and diff the current .vmx with the previous version.

IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Packer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/053582c6-0754-4a3e-bc60-3c036303cc1f%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Mar 10, 2018, 12:21:55 PM3/10/18
to packe...@googlegroups.com
Hi

On top of what Rickard said, here is an example:

You can put hardcoded values there or use a variable block:

variables here:

IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Packer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/053582c6-0754-4a3e-bc60-3c036303cc1f%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Skullone

Mar 12, 2018, 9:58:15 AM3/12/18
to Packer
Thanks a lot! I compare both file and the options are vcpu.hotadd and mem.hotadd. I added it to my json and it seems to be working :)

Skullone

Mar 13, 2018, 1:49:33 PM3/13/18
to packe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot! I compare both file and the options are vcpu.hotadd and mem.hotadd. I added it to my json and it seems to be working :)
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Packer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/CAHqq0exWSxiRrxeG%3DDTazvCYfyezcJbkbo-2Ry8169C-zK8SGg%40mail.gmail.com.