Is this project officially on snapcraft / available as a snap?

Michael W

Feb 9, 2018, 8:10:25 AM2/9/18
to Packer
Hello,

There are 3 packages on snapcraft with no mention in the docs on the homepage. Therefore, I'm pretty reluctant to pull it onto my computer. So the question is as in the title and if it can be answered with a "yes", could someone please update the homepage to reflect the fact?

Cheers

Rickard von Essen

Feb 9, 2018, 8:59:17 AM2/9/18
to packe...@googlegroups.com
The only official build I know of from HashiCorp is the ones at https://www.packer.io/downloads.html

Snaps doesn't add much value since Packer is just a single statically linked binary.

IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Packer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/7224cd90-6974-4162-9ff9-f58410ef0738%40googlegroups.com.

Megan Marsh

Feb 9, 2018, 12:08:36 PM2/9/18
to packe...@googlegroups.com
Rickard is correct -- the snapcraft packages are community-maintained and not official.