[ANN] Packer 1.2.0 Released

Matthew Hooker

Feb 9, 2018, 7:51:06 PM2/9/18
to packe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Today we're proud to announce the release of Packer 1.2.0. This is a fairly substantial release, and I encourage you to read the changelog.

Some of the highlights include three new builders, some changes which affect backwards-compatibility, and numerous bug fixes and improvements.

The new builders are:

The backwards-compatibility changes are minor but important.

* The Amazon builder's `ssh_private_ip` option has been replaced with `"ssh_interface": "private"`. There is a fixer for this.
* Certain malformed `file` provisioners may break. We've made the provisioner more consistent across platforms, so it's advised to double check that your usage is correct.
* OpenStack extension support has been dropped. To use OpenStack builder with the OpenStack Newton (Oct 2016) or earlier, we recommend you use Packer v1.1.2 or earlier version.
* The plugin API has changed slightly. Existing plugins will continue to work, but to recompile against this version of Packer, you should see what's necessary here.

Thanks,
--Matt Hooker