packer -build -force is not deleting existing image

Mumtaz Khan

Aug 8, 2018, 11:15:36 AM8/8/18
to Packer

Hi
I am using packer 1.2.5 . I am using a powershell job in VSTS and manually running packer build.

packer build -force doesn't delete existing resource group for target managed image. Is there a known issue . also doesn't export manifest.json in output.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Aug 8, 2018, 5:26:01 PM8/8/18
to packe...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Packer build doesn't create a resource group in Azure the first time
why you expect it will delete/create with force in the second time?

if you you do packer build -force will only overwrite the existing VM.

If you want to delete/create a clean ResourceGroup, you can use terraform for that.

Alvaro.

IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Packer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/7b7e08a5-070a-43e1-9301-2e81310a4257%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Mumtaz Khan

Aug 10, 2018, 6:40:43 AM8/10/18
to Packer
Hi

You are right .  Its all sorted . I am living the dream .  I realized issue with my powershell script invoking the packer and overwrite parameters incorrectly.

thanks
Mumtaz