Packer with vmware workstation windows guest installtion stuck after loading iso

Automationbuilder360 Builder

Aug 15, 2019, 11:57:42 AM8/15/19
to Packer
Hi All,

Am using packer with vmware workstaiton,
I have tested my custom iso, which is customized to "NOT to ask" for any input once attached as iso.
was able to create VM on vmware workstation when attached manually. ( not even hitting enter )

but when i try using packer, once the iso is attached its not going any futher. i have tested using "Headless - Flase"
Enabled "ask on error" i see from the vmware workstation console that VM is getting created loading files and stuck after that.

any help is much appericiated

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Aug 16, 2019, 10:33:15 AM8/16/19
to packe...@googlegroups.com
you could compare the hw on vm that works and what packer creates by default

could be hdd or controller type, or bios/uefi

IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Packer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/565a98ff-2638-40a5-85e1-aae43d2f896d%40googlegroups.com.

--
Alvaro

Automationbuilder360 Builder

Aug 16, 2019, 11:47:23 AM8/16/19
to Packer
Hi Alvaro,

Thank you for the comments.
I have verifed the firmware type on both scenarios both are using BIOS as firmware.
and the network type as NAT. and i have also verified couple of other settings which seems to be exactly the same.

BTW below are the details i have used in the vmware-iso builder

    "vmx_data": {
"cpuid.coresPerSocket": "1",
"memsize": "4096",
"numvcpus": "1",