avoid windows %APPDATA% in packer post-process

Michael Cook

Sep 20, 2016, 11:45:40 PM9/20/16
to Packer
Hi,

These days I treat my windows host as 'firmware' - and as a consequence I try to contain my windows C: drive as small as possible. The packer post-processor (this is for vagrant, probably same for others) seems to insist on using my %APPDATA%\... as a temporary holding location for intermediate files during creation of the vagrant 'box' - however there's never going to be space there for vmdks, and hence fails through lack of disk space. How can I tell post-processor to use a different location?

Michael Cook

Sep 21, 2016, 12:26:19 AM9/21/16
to Packer
I'm guessing these lines in post-processor.go tell me it's not going to be possible...

// Create a temporary directory for us to build the contents of the box in
dir
, err := ioutil.TempDir("", "packer")

the (brief) go doc indicates TempDirs are set for the os.

Rickard von Essen

Sep 21, 2016, 6:28:12 AM9/21/16
to packe...@googlegroups.com

IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Packer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/51eb9f9b-4c02-453b-adbd-388bae0dc990%40googlegroups.com.