Packer HTTP_directory usage

James Elmes

Aug 7, 2017, 10:22:25 PM8/7/17
to Packer
Hi I am a little confused about the http_directory option when building with vmware-iso and windows

I want to transfer some large files to my VM during the build process, preferably provisioner step but need a better option the slow file copy option over WINRM (not using SSH)

does anyone know how i actually get large files onto the VM using the http_directory option? i can only see examples using this via boot command for linux builds..

thanks

James

Rickard von Essen

Aug 8, 2017, 12:47:28 AM8/8/17
to packe...@googlegroups.com
I don't know anything about powershell but you should be able to run the powershell provisioner and use something similar to curl and download
curl http://$PACKER_HTTP_ADDR/<source-file> > <dest-file>

IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Packer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/163de1bc-de08-4485-8a0c-ad68dd3db021%40googlegroups.com.

James Elmes

Matthew Hooker

Aug 8, 2017, 7:28:23 PM8/8/17