RPi Learning Class - Chatswood

Kevin Davies

Nov 5, 2019, 9:27:04 PM11/5/19
to ozb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

During the last Chatswood meetup, an Ozberry member asked to use a learning kit. I'm just writing to tell you I'll be holding another learning session on 7th December so your friend is welcome to come along and attend. Get in touch to let me know.

The last Raspberry Pi introduction session was completely full, there are only six spots available as we congregate around a large table in the room.

Kind Regards

Kevin Davies
Ozberry Organiser
Chat Group: t.me/ozberrypi
Mobile: 0400056555

Salomé Hussein

Nov 5, 2019, 9:55:27 PM11/5/19
to ozb...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

I've yet to attend any Chatswood Ozberry events. I'd be keen to turn up and see how you go about with your classes. What time would you be running this and where's your space?

--Salomé

Kevin Davies

Nov 5, 2019, 10:47:13 PM11/5/19
to ozb...@googlegroups.com
Heya,

Chatswood Library and around 1.15-1.30pm the class would start. There is a dedicated creator space there. If you have any further questions pop into the chat group t.me/ozberrypi and i'll do my best to answer them for you.

Kind Regards

Kevin

Terry Lee

Nov 6, 2019, 6:00:11 AM11/6/19
to ozb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

Not sure if anyone had recommended, I think Sunday in Chatswood is actually better than Saturday. Perhaps others can comment on this too.

Cheers,
Terry

Kevin Davies

Nov 6, 2019, 11:58:24 PM11/6/19
to ozb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The first Saturday of the month is booked all the way till late 2020.

Kind Regards

Kevin

James Zaki

Nov 9, 2019, 1:41:53 AM11/9/19
to OzBerry
Hey Terry,
to add to that, Kevin also mentioned that Sunday has a more limited time slot, and more can be achieved in a Saturday.
Thanks for suggesting. If there is a big group for Sunday, it can always expand to another day in the month if the library wants. But happy to start with what works with those organising there Chatswood events 👍
I hope you're doing well, and maybe see you at the next OzBerry.
James

Jarvil

Dec 7, 2019, 9:11:33 PM12/7/19
to OzBerry
Hi Salome,

I've just seen this as I generally live in Telegram world, think WhatsApp only better and more secure. It's essentially the modern replacement for IRC groups just with much nicer people. https://t.me/ozberrypi

As to your question, class start times are flexible. Since the learning class usually runs longer than 2 hours, we decided this time to have the presentations first. We aim to publish a schedule in the meetup information a week prior to the event so keep an eye on that. The next session will be early January and I will be running this again due to its popularity. It's a great introduction for new people. As the learners dwindle then I will run a second edition in 2020 which continues on from the material in the first course. This will allow people to explore what they have learnt and do many more cool things, all the while learning the ecosystem of the Raspberry Pi.

Kevin Regards

Kevin Davies