OzBerry Resources

Grant Page

Jul 14, 2019, 9:28:25 PM7/14/19
to OzBerry
Hi,

Could someone fill me in on the on-line resources that OzBerry currently have.. websites etc. ?

Thanks! :)

Regards, Grant.

James Zaki

Jul 15, 2019, 10:21:09 PM7/15/19
to OzBerry
Hey Grant, it's just the MeetUp at this stage -> https://www.meetup.com/OzBerryPi/

Grant Page

Jul 15, 2019, 10:47:33 PM7/15/19
to OzBerry
Hi James,

Thanks for the reply, I understand it's only a meetup... however... may I make a suggestion; that maybe a dedicated website be formulated or thought about, that may provide some relevant information for beginners; an example might be the use of the wifi and how to connect to the service at Sydney University ThinkSpace, as well as some other bits and pieces of information architecture I can suggest.. for new-commers, which may save them a lot of time and make it easier for them in the long run... understanding that going through some processes to get things working.. ie; setting up a raspberry pi; is a learning experience. Whilst I understand there are thousands of website out there.. I found it difficult to find certain information pertaining to the ThinkSpace meetup.. it was very time consuming for me to get some basics going, which maybe common knowledge for some / most. In my opinion some information on the W3 maybe an asset to the meet-up, giving the meet-up more 'trustworthiness' (UI/UX), and be helpful giving fundamental information to the new comer. Maybe adding value to the OzBerry group.

I found that there were certain 'tricks to the trade', with the help of other OzBerry members.. which is what it's all about... however when there is limited time and certain items take time to complete / be time consuming... some well orchestrated information could help and save time for beginners.

I understand the website you have under the meetup system... which is more of a Content Management System... and does not provide the flexibility, in a designers eye's... that would make for well presented and rich information architecture pertaining to the above.

I can understand manpower and resources... do you think this maybe worthwhile discussing further?

Regards, Grant.

James Zaki

Jul 15, 2019, 11:15:03 PM7/15/19
to OzBerry
Absolutely, I'll send a direct message to continue the conversation.
Other organisers and I are keen to address a few things going foward, and this should be on the list too.

I really appreciate the comprehensive response,
James.

Grant Page

Jul 15, 2019, 11:29:36 PM7/15/19
to OzBerry
Good One, Thanks.

Terry Lee

Oct 7, 2019, 10:11:01 AM10/7/19
to OzBerry
Agreed with Grant, just attended today and the group is amazing, but didn't know about the group online. I can help you make a website if you need.

Grant Page

Oct 7, 2019, 10:34:25 AM10/7/19
to ozb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry & James,

That’s a kind offer of help. James is running the show… however good of you to offer to invest the time.

Regards, Grant

Grant Page

Oct 12, 2019, 8:26:17 PM10/12/19
to OzBerry
Hi Terry,

Has James had any communication with you? It is a kind offer you have made, it would be a pity for Oz-Berry in my opinion to pass it up. As a suggestion, we have been told OzBerry have a website on 'meetup'. Would you be interested in critic'ing this and offer ways you can communicate in word; of how you would improve the Visual Design of the website, maybe also looking at some functionality? QSL?

Regards, Grant.

Terry Lee

Oct 12, 2019, 9:12:39 PM10/12/19
to OzBerry
Haven't heard back, I guess it's working with Meetup so it's fine

Dion Weston

Oct 13, 2019, 5:07:38 PM10/13/19
to ozb...@googlegroups.com
Seems like quite a few OzBerry participants are migrating to the `Telegram` platform to converse.

Download and start-up the `Telegram` mobile or desktop app and search for:
"OzBerry IoT Maker Community”

There has been some continuing conversation there concerning a website.

James Zaki

Oct 13, 2019, 5:22:48 PM10/13/19
to OzBerry
Hey all, sorry for the belated reply, I've been abroad for a work trip and return tomorrow.
I know a couple of people have put their hand up for a site already (we explored new domains given the hold on the previous), so let's continue the conversation next event, or via Telegram.
Thanks all for reaching out and following up. I run all choices via the long standing regulars who really help OzBerry thrive, and respect/encourage all input.
See you soon :)
James.

Grant Page

Oct 13, 2019, 5:32:25 PM10/13/19
to OzBerry
Hi, Not another message platform!.. *sigh*.. I will have to consider if I want to clutter my systems with more third party developers trying to make a mark with their flavour of social media communications software. :P

Are you going to close this google group down?

Regards, Grant.

Grant Page

Oct 13, 2019, 5:53:13 PM10/13/19
to OzBerry
Hi James,

Appreciate your ongoing commitment to the group and taking the time to answer emails when required. :)

Just a suggestion.. Syntax Matters! I prefer a space / in-between a forward slash before and after it with words.

However, appreciate Beauty Is In The Eyes of The Beholder... and people can be very different.

Have a good day! :)

Regards, Grant.

James Zaki

Oct 14, 2019, 4:06:00 AM10/14/19
to OzBerry
Hey Grant,
Happy to space out the slashes whatever improves readability / comprehension for all :)

Regarding the first point, we could discuss shutting it down if it got too spammy, but happy to see the uptake of comms on Meetup as it evolves. Similarly for Telegram.

Cheers,
James.