[GSOC 2020] Pablo del Cuvillo - OWASP Intelligent Intrusion Detection System

Pablo del Cuvillo

Mar 15, 2020, 4:59:33 AM3/15/20
to OWASP GSOC
Hello everyone,

My name is Pablo del Cuvillo and I would like to introduce myself to this community.

I am a student from Madrid (Spain) in the first year of a MSc in Industrial Engineering. I have some knowledge and experience in cybersecurity and programming and over the past few months my interest in intelligent systems has grown rapidly. The Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2020 seems to be the perfect opportunity to work in a real project in this area while bringing myself into open source software development.

The organization I find most attractive for this purpose is OWASP, as it is at the forefront of security and it integrates large numbers of great programmers into its community.

The specific project I would like to work on is "OWASP Intelligent Intrusion Detection System", which I have been reading about and researching recently.

I have already contacted Sri Harsha Gajavalli, the mentor of the project, but it also be a pleasure to talk with anyone else linked or interested in the project.

I am looking forward to start researching and additionally, I am willing to work hard to contribute to this community.

Best regards,

Pablo

dhiren serai

Mar 15, 2020, 7:47:16 AM3/15/20
to OWASP GSOC
Hi Pablo,
There are other people also including me who are interested with this project and some of the ideas are described here https://github.com/OWASP/Intelligent-Intrusion-Detection-System/issues/3
Please have a look at them if this helps you. :D

Best,
Dhiren Serai

Ade Yoseman

Mar 16, 2020, 7:29:55 PM3/16/20
to Pablo del Cuvillo, OWASP GSOC
hi welcome
you can see more projects below link for more details

best regard
ade yoseman

Ade Yoseman

Mar 16, 2020, 7:36:05 PM3/16/20
to dhiren serai, pablo.c...@gmail.com, OWASP GSOC
hi dhiren serai and Pablo,

cool you can start with prepare your best proposal.good luck.

best regards
ade yoseman