Re: [Overland] Digest for overland-forum@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 3 topics

Graham Everett

Jul 2, 2021, 6:42:29 PM7/2/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
You've got to be kidding Joao, you're seriously thinking about NOT having the vaccine??? Especially after you know people who've died of covid? What planet have you been living on this last 18 months? The sooner we all have been vaccinated the sooner the world will be back to some sort of normality. Most of the third world are complaining that here in the UK we are thinking of giving a 3rd booster jab, before helping out poorer countries & you don't want it anyway? WHY?   I'm so glad to have had both jabs, & everybody I know feels the same . My own kids can't wait to have their 2nd jab.
Graham

On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 at 04:39, <overlan...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Jean Struweg <jean.s...@gmail.com>: Jul 01 12:56PM +0200

Hi Gents

Is there a butchery in Thabazimbi that anyone here endorses?

Thanks & cheers

Jean
1bostoe <1bo...@gmail.com>: Jul 01 01:57PM +0200

Hi Jean, We were at Marakele last week, we used the Pick&pay in the
shopping centre, the meat was good and not badly priced.
There is a butcher at the northern end of the town which looked fine.

Bulhoe Butchery
2 Jacaranda St, Thabazimbi, 0380

Tks
Neels

Joao Felizardo <jmjfel...@gmail.com>: Jul 01 09:55AM +0200

FYI
https://www.biznews.com/health/2021/06/28/covid-19-vaccine-immunity
Fanie du Plessis <dupless...@gmail.com>: Jul 01 12:11PM +0200

*Sadly Johan Strauss owner of Steinfeld Garage near Keetmanshoop passed
away last night from Corona.His wonderful wife Inya is in a coma battling
it as well... fight it Inya, fight it!!*

The above from another Overland Forum post tells me to get the jab if you
can, you just don't know if you will survive it in order to have natural
immunity, I guess each make their decisions and live with it.

Op Do. 1 Jul. 2021 09:55 het Joao Felizardo <jmjfel...@gmail.com>
geskryf:

Joao Felizardo <jmjfel...@gmail.com>: Jul 01 12:17PM +0200

Correct ! I have lost 2 personal friends to covid 19 ; but that does not
mean that I will rush to a decision now ; personal as you said !

On Thu, 01 Jul 2021, 12:12 Fanie du Plessis, <dupless...@gmail.com>
wrote:

roaming yak <roami...@gmail.com>: Jul 01 08:26AM +0100

Sadly Johan Strauss owner of Steinfeld Garage near Keetmanshoop passed away
last night from Corona.
His wonderful wife Inya is in a coma battling it as well... fight it Inya,
fight it!!

I spent 2 weeks there at the end of last year, at first fixing my transfer
box and then the second week just filming and photographing the beauty of
the place and the wonderful vehicles and parts lying around.
"Uli von Kapff" <ulivo...@gmail.com>: Jul 01 10:01AM +0200

Sad, sad news. As Defender owners, we had the highest respect for Johan’s vast knowledge and abilities around anything to do with LR. He sorted out the extensive trouble we once had and enjoyed the superb hospitality of Inya. Johan also gave me many tips on how to drive a Defender properly.

We pray for Inya to pull through.

Uli and Jenya

Sadly Johan Strauss owner of Steinfeld Garage near Keetmanshoop passed away last night from Corona.
His wonderful wife Inya is in a coma battling it as well... fight it Inya, fight it!!

I spent 2 weeks there at the end of last year, at first fixing my transfer box and then the second week just filming and photographing the beauty of the place and the wonderful vehicles and parts lying around.

"Willem Coetsee (GMAIL)" <willem....@gmail.com>: Jul 01 01:03PM +0400

Truly sad. A friend of mine works with them and lives on the farm, and we
have been talking about it. He is ill too but had to do the necessary the
past few days.

One thing that he told me is how well the Keetmanshoop community came
together to support those in need of help.

Stuart Carliell <stuart....@gmail.com>: Jul 01 11:11AM +0200

What terrible news, they were such a lovely couple!

Our stop on the farm during our trip down from Kenya remains one of the
most memorable services we have ever done on the landy. And Inya
hospitality...

On Thu, 01 Jul 2021 at 11:03, Willem Coetsee (GMAIL) <

swissno...@yahoo.com

Jul 3, 2021, 10:55:31 AM7/3/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

You are 100% right.

My neighbours, 2 adults 3 kids, got infected by covid-19, luckily with mild symptoms. But the parents told me it was 100 times worse than a heavy flu.

We are happy to get the two japs. It’s not only to protect us, but also for people who are not able to get the vaccine for health reasons.

All this witch doctors’ stuff is not really helping against this Virus.

Greetings

Emanuel Berger

Kirchmattstrasse 2

3422 Kirchberg

Switzerland

Mobile: +41 79 352 24 31

Home:   +41 34 445 21 51

Afrika-Blog: https://africanomads.wordpress.com

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/overland-forum/CAJRAfqdHstjtVDF%2BARsUqgdBB1rs%3DhxZbmeq1rEgz%2BREGH_PvA%40mail.gmail.com.

Virenfrei. www.avg.com

Joao Felizardo

Jul 4, 2021, 5:06:07 AM7/4/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
For those interested , here is a very important piece of  information captured via an interview with Dr Robert Malone , the developer of the mRNA technology himself.
Rgds .

Mike

Jul 4, 2021, 7:02:56 AM7/4/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

All this witch doctors’ stuff is not really helping against this Virus.”” You are 100% right.

Agree!

Mike

Peter Levey

Jul 4, 2021, 4:28:19 PM7/4/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
What has this got to do with Overland Forum. Please stick to posts as per the rules of Overland forum.

Peter
--
Peter Levey