Sad Landy news in Namibia

roaming yak

Jul 1, 2021, 3:26:35 AM7/1/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Sadly Johan Strauss owner of Steinfeld Garage near Keetmanshoop passed away last night from Corona.
His wonderful wife Inya is in a coma battling it as well... fight it Inya, fight it!!

I spent 2 weeks there at the end of last year, at first fixing my transfer box and then the second week just filming and photographing the beauty of the place and the wonderful vehicles and parts lying around.

Uli von Kapff

Jul 1, 2021, 4:01:04 AM7/1/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

Sad, sad news. As Defender owners, we had the highest respect for Johan’s vast knowledge and abilities around anything to do with LR. He sorted out the extensive trouble we once had and enjoyed the superb hospitality of Inya. Johan also gave me many tips on how to drive a Defender properly.

We pray for Inya to pull through.

Uli and Jenya

Willem Coetsee (GMAIL)

Jul 1, 2021, 5:03:46 AM7/1/21
to overland-forum
Truly sad. A friend of mine works with them and lives on the farm, and we have been talking about it. He is ill too but had to do the necessary the past few days.

One thing that he told me is how well the Keetmanshoop community came together to support those in need of help.

Stuart Carliell

Jul 1, 2021, 5:12:09 AM7/1/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
What terrible news, they were such a lovely couple!

Our stop on the farm during our trip down from Kenya remains one of the most memorable services we have ever done on the landy. And Inya hospitality...

Mac Mc Laren

Jul 6, 2021, 11:54:49 AM7/6/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

Uli von Kapff

Jul 6, 2021, 11:58:09 AM7/6/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

Yes. Unfortunately, Inya lost her battle a few days ago ):

Uli

Johan Snyman

Jul 6, 2021, 12:56:50 PM7/6/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
She passed away 24hrs later 😥

Sent from my iPhone

Johan Snyman

Jul 6, 2021, 1:00:18 PM7/6/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Jul 2021, at 6:56 PM, Johan Snyman <joh...@iway.na> wrote:

She passed away 24hrs later 😥

Johan Snyman

Jul 6, 2021, 1:41:26 PM7/6/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Seems my photo won’t load ….

Dr Johannes (Sadi/Suidie) van Zyl also passed away yesterday. A member of the Land Rover Owners of Namibia and owner of a Heritage Edition Defender with registration number 166HUE NA. 😥

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Jul 2021, at 7:00 PM, Johan Snyman <joh...@iway.na> wrote:

<image0.png>

Mac Mc Laren