RE: [Overland] Maun to Moremi

et...@yebo.co.za

Jul 23, 2021, 3:40:40 AM7/23/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

To South Gate with ease.  In the Park It should manage the sand roads in the dry season  but won’t the weight of the motorhome be too much for those timber bridges even if they are in good repair?

Henry Townsend

Jul 23, 2021, 3:45:02 AM7/23/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Probably be OK most years but reckon he/she better take a long handled shovel plus a strong back and allow plenty of time...

Graham Bowring

Etienne du Plessis

Jul 23, 2021, 5:44:36 AM7/23/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
We did this route in 2017, with our 4x4 motorhome. Honestly, I would put chances of success without damage to vehicle at 5%. Those vehicles (Discoverer) are low. I'm not sure what you mean by "ground clearance should not be a problem". The middlemannetjie is high in places. Entry and exit angles will be problematic crossing bridges, and even deep puddles are going to be an issue.

Bridge coming out of 3rd bridge camp is going to be impassable.

Bridges are rated at 5 ton...so from that point of view ok, but the terrain...won't work.

Etienne

Peter Levey

Jul 23, 2021, 6:45:49 AM7/23/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
I believe it would be very irresponsible to even try as the likelihood of doing damage to the vehicle and the track in the park is very high.

Peter

--
Peter Levey

roaming yak

Jul 23, 2021, 7:17:07 AM7/23/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
And you are placing a burden on others to help you when stuck or damaged.
Not a good match, stick to the tarmac routes in Bots with that machine.

Nico Roets

Jul 23, 2021, 8:23:08 AM7/23/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
I must agree with Peter and others