OSv in QEMU blog

Fotis Xenakis

Nov 12, 2020, 5:09:07 PM11/12/20
to OSv Development
Hello everyone,

OSv is featured in the most recent post on QEMU's blog [1], with regard to its usage of virtio-fs. I was invited to write that post after the virtio-fs devs showed interest in our use case. Also, I 'd like to apologize for omitting to include you in the original discussion (should be more inclusive in the future).

Regards,
Fotis

Waldek Kozaczuk

Nov 13, 2020, 3:29:26 PM11/13/20
to OSv Development
Fotis,

Congratulations on your article and diploma! I have looked at the slides - https://github.com/foxeng/diploma/blob/master/slides.pdf - but I cannot read Greek :-)

Regards,
Waldek

PS. It would be nice to see some improved tooling around virtio-fs in capstan and so on.

Dor Laor

Nov 13, 2020, 4:01:44 PM11/13/20
to Waldek Kozaczuk, OSv Development
Impressive work and numbers! Worth to link the presentation from the blog
since I was looking for those numbers too.

Nadav Har'El

Nov 16, 2020, 4:21:07 AM11/16/20
to Fotis Xenakis, OSv Development
Very interesting! Thanks.

Fotis Xenakis

Feb 10, 2021, 4:49:03 AM2/10/21
to OSv Development
On Friday, November 13, 2020 at 10:29:26 PM UTC+2 jwkoz...@gmail.com wrote:
Fotis,

Congratulations on your article and diploma! I have looked at the slides - https://github.com/foxeng/diploma/blob/master/slides.pdf - but I cannot read Greek :-)
Thank you! Sorry for the late response, I had been away for a while.
The English text and slides were added recently: https://github.com/foxeng/diploma

Regards,
Waldek

PS. It would be nice to see some improved tooling around virtio-fs in capstan and so on.
There are some half-baked improvements I have already lying around which will be completed and posted.
TBH, none is capstan-related, but I might venture out towards it (working with Go is always nice after all).

Fotis Xenakis

Feb 10, 2021, 4:53:53 AM2/10/21
to OSv Development
Thank you Dor!
I think there is a link to the repo in the third paragraph (finally including all text in English too).