fiestskooppunten (rcn_ref) in OsmAnd

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 8, 2019, 11:33:56 AM9/8/19
to osmand
All,

In cycle mode it is possible to show the cycle routes on the map.
In the Netherlands we have the "fietsknooppunten". They are also partially in Belgium (Vlaanderen) and in the border areas in Germany where Germany and the Netherlands are lying adjacent.

So: showing cycle routes is no problem.
But how to show the "fietsknooppunten".

If not possible I will export all fietsknooppunten from the netherlands.osm.pbf file and put them in an osm and/or csv (I already did that. Easy enough).
Then convert it into some "tourism" (I think) POI file containing them.

But I don't want to do that if it is simply possible in OsmAnd to display them.

(And it is very weird: years ago I worked on this to have it in OsmAnd, including render styles and the like. And now it is gone?)

Harry

Hans

Sep 9, 2019, 1:16:57 PM9/9/19
to Osmand
In the iOS version the “knooppunten” are easily made visible.
1/ screen option, for cycling choose Routes.
2/ check option “Show cycle routes”.
In addition to the “knooppunten” names of routes are displayed.

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 9, 2019, 1:52:30 PM9/9/19
to osmand
That is indeed exactly how it should work and that is also how I designed it years ago (2012? 2013? later?) when I was still involved with OsmAnd.
Later on xmd5a2 took it much further, but currently only the routes are displayed and not the "knooppunten", on Android that is.

I will make an issue of it and then we'll see further.

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 9, 2019, 2:14:24 PM9/9/19
to osmand
I created a new issue #7535  (Android: Fietsknooppunten (aka cycle nodes aka rcn_ref) no longer displayed in cycle routes)

Harry

Wolfgang Uhlig

Sep 10, 2019, 3:03:44 AM9/10/19
to Osmand
Hi,
I can make them visible by: configure map, underlay, cycle map.
the only problem i have, is that they (and the cycle routes anyway) are only visible when you zoom out quite a lot.

Peer

Sep 10, 2019, 10:27:40 AM9/10/19
to Osmand
I can see 'fietsknooppunten (osmand+ 3.4.6, mag Netherlands 1 juli) on the map with 'Fietsroutes tonen' enabled.
Some numbers (fietsknooppunten) are displayed but not all of them. The routes are purple.

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 10, 2019, 12:33:10 PM9/10/19
to osmand
Thank you, but that is not what I want. OsmAnd should support it by itself without using overlay or underlay maps.
The bug has been recognized and it is actually a duplicate of an already existing bug.
My bug report #7535 is actually a duplicate of #6963.

Harry

Op di 10 sep. 2019 om 09:03 schreef Wolfgang Uhlig <ooster...@gmail.com>:
Hi,
I can make them visible by: configure map, underlay, cycle map.
the only problem i have, is that they (and the cycle routes anyway) are only visible when you zoom out quite a lot.

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 10, 2019, 12:34:23 PM9/10/19
to osmand
OK,

It should display all cycle nodes. Maybe your cycle nodes have an additional tag that makes that OsmAnd displays them.
Can you give some visible cycle nodes and their location?

Harry

Op di 10 sep. 2019 om 16:27 schreef Peer <v7p...@gmail.com>:
I can see 'fietsknooppunten (osmand+ 3.4.6, mag Netherlands 1 juli) on the map with 'Fietsroutes tonen' enabled.
Some numbers (fietsknooppunten) are displayed but not all of them. The routes are purple.

Wolfgang Uhlig

Sep 10, 2019, 2:37:17 PM9/10/19
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Harry, under which conditions do you think, Osmand should show them all the time? Personally I would not like the number to show up all the time. The map is already full enough. For me the feature with underlay is perfect.
Only the fact that the underlay of the fietsroutes works only when zoomed out a lot, is something that I don't like so much.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Osmand" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/osmand/CAGARPptg0NX3rJtdqdKSQ9sO5q6Dfu6%2BFU3WZMUXFzOvPDVJtA%40mail.gmail.com.

Peer

Sep 11, 2019, 1:22:05 AM9/11/19
to Osmand
In the screenshot you see two cycle nodes (fietsknooppunten) : 56 and 57. Location: Dalfsen, Netherlands

nr 56: 52.51646N, 6.230626E
nr 57: 52.52559N, 6.24799E

Am Di., 10. Sept. 2019 um 18:34 Uhr schrieb Harry van der Wolf <hvd...@gmail.com>:
OK,

It should display all cycle nodes. Maybe your cycle nodes have an additional tag that makes that OsmAnd displays them.
Can you give some visible cycle nodes and their location?

Harry

Op di 10 sep. 2019 om 16:27 schreef Peer <v7p...@gmail.com>:
I can see 'fietsknooppunten (osmand+ 3.4.6, mag Netherlands 1 juli) on the map with 'Fietsroutes tonen' enabled.
Some numbers (fietsknooppunten) are displayed but not all of them. The routes are purple.

Screenshot_20190911-071558.png

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 11, 2019, 3:56:51 AM9/11/19
to osmand
Hi,

Sorry to disagree with you. It does not really matter what you try to do with the underlay. It IS standard functionality of OsmAnd. Switch the view to cycle mode and switch on cycle routes. Then they should show up.
The fact that the bug has been acknowledged, has been flagged as a regression bug and is being picked up and being worked on, really shows it is a bug, not a wanted feature.

It is no use discussing whether you like it or not. Like I mentioned in earlier mails: I was the one in 2012? 2013? or whenever, that brought this functionality in its basics to OsmAnd.

Harry

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 11, 2019, 4:03:09 AM9/11/19
to osmand

Op wo 11 sep. 2019 om 07:22 schreef Peer <v7p...@gmail.com>:
In the screenshot you see two cycle nodes (fietsknooppunten) : 56 and 57. Location: Dalfsen, Netherlands

nr 56: 52.51646N, 6.230626E
nr 57: 52.52559N, 6.24799E

Thank you. These nodes are also displayed on my phone.
I checked the nodes with other nodes and can't find a difference with the others. All of them are part of (cycle) routes. Most are part of relations. Some have the old rwn_ref and the new rcn_ref.
It is really strange.

Anyway. The bug is being worked on. Probably something in the code with priorities of what is displayed versus the priority in the default_render.xml.

Harry

P Wat

Sep 11, 2019, 4:26:34 AM9/11/19
to Osmand