FAVORITES

danilo baggini

Jun 15, 2022, 12:13:47 PM6/15/22
to Osmand Chat
I have a tablet that when I try to import the favourites.gpx file into OsmAnd says that "you need an app that can do it".  On a Smartphone and on another tablet that I have actually opens a sort of file manager that allows me to browse my folders and go to select favorites.gpx I can import it.

 It has been suggested to me that the problem may be the lack of SAF Storage Access Framework [1] in the Android system which fails to import the favorites.gpx.

 Confirm?

 Hello

Danilo (danbag)

lodrog...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2022, 2:41:21 AM6/16/22
to OsmAnd
i will suggest the method of backup / restore from osmand settings menu. This action is using files with extension of .osf

Use a device that can import the favorites.gpx file and there, use the backup procedure. For your case, only to export the favorites. Then, go to the problematic device and use the restore option from settings.

danilo baggini

Jun 16, 2022, 12:59:04 PM6/16/22
to Osmand Chat
Thanks for the suggestions.
I have found an easier method:
I delete ALL the favourites using OsmAnd delete inside the problematic device.
I load manually with a file manager the new favourites.gpx in the net.osmand ..ecc directory.
I restart OsmAnd which automatically reads the new gpx and I have all my favourites inside the problematic device.
Hi
Danilo

Il Gio 16 Giu 2022, 08:41 lodrog...@gmail.com <lodrog...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
i will suggest the method of backup / restore from osmand settings menu. This action is using files with extension of .osf

Use a device that can import the favorites.gpx file and there, use the backup procedure. For your case, only to export the favorites. Then, go to the problematic device and use the restore option from settings.

lodrog...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2022, 3:45:55 AM6/17/22
to OsmAnd
if we use, what the osmand company has design for all the users, we can keep old favorites and add the new ones. If we delete .... we lose the old data.

danilo baggini

Jun 17, 2022, 4:23:08 AM6/17/22
to Osmand Chat
No, I don't loose any old data because ALL my data are contained in ALL my device.
Before use one device I update the favourites from the second device. When I return to use second device I update favourites from the first and so on.
I have also a bck of ALL my geografic data, photos ecc and favourites also on a PC....I don't like use Smartphone to archive...and also I don't like any cloud type..
Best regards
Danilo

Il Ven 17 Giu 2022, 09:46 lodrog...@gmail.com <lodrog...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
if we use, what the osmand company has design for all the users, we can keep old favorites and add the new ones. If we delete .... we lose the old data.

Roberto Petitpas

Jun 17, 2022, 10:54:59 AM6/17/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
That is a good way to backup.
I make a full copy to my PC of the "files" folder found at /Android/data/net.osmand.plus/files/ , then I restore that, including updated maps, to my navigation android phone.
And also I restore all if I ever reinstall OsmAnd.
Have great journeys
Roberto