Abaisser le curseur pendant guidage

GOUPIL 30101

Jun 27, 2021, 12:57:07 PM6/27/21
to OsmAnd

Bonjour. Afin de favorise le guidage à pied, vélo, moto ..., je pense qu'il serait intéressant de pouvoir déplacer le curseur plus bas sur l'écran de façon à visualiser plus de parcours vers l'avant et afin de pouvoir mieux anticiper les prochains changement de direction.

Merci de votre attention.

Hello. In order to promote guidance on foot, bike, motorbike ..., I think it would be interesting to be able to move the cursor lower on the screen in order to visualize more routes forwards and in order to be able to anticipate better the next change of direction.

Thank you for your attention.

Peter Elderson

Jun 27, 2021, 2:01:24 PM6/27/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I think this is a really good idea. Simple, but very effective. Sorry I am not an OsmAnd programmer!

Mvg Peter Elderson

Op 27 jun. 2021 om 18:57 heeft GOUPIL 30101 <goupi...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

Dmitry Prodchenko

Jun 29, 2021, 6:00:10 AM6/29/21
to OsmAnd
Hello! Thank you for the feedback.
You can change the display center position in Menu – Settings – Profile – General settings – Display position always in the center.
If it doesn't help, please contact us at sup...@osmand.net

Peter Elderson

Jun 29, 2021, 6:27:33 AM6/29/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I think the idea was to be able to move the "Center Position" to a lower spot on the screen, say 1/4 from the bottom. That way you will see less of what's already behind you, and more of what is in front of you.

Maybe the "Center.."' option could offer an extra choice: "Lowered Center Position" or something similar.

I for one would really appreciate that, because now I feel half of the screen is useless during navigation.

Of course, even fancier would be a function to slide the center spot to the desired position when navigating. (Press/hold, then slide, then release).

Peter Elderson

GOUPIL 30101

Jun 29, 2021, 6:42:27 AM6/29/21
to OsmAnd
Oui, oui, oui, c'est exactement cela.
Goupil30101

Pere Pujal i Carabantes

Jun 29, 2021, 8:01:21 AM6/29/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Am I missing something or this option has allways been there?
Tapping on the compass icon near the top-left changes between display modes, the rotation as moving one seems what you are asking for.
You may have to make it display in configure screen settings, near the bottom.
Hope tnis helps
Pere

Peter Elderson

Jun 29, 2021, 8:52:48 AM6/29/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
It's about the position of the arrow on the screen, the rotation point. The OP would like to have the rotation point lower on the screen. Then you would see further ahead, and less of the roads you already passed, during navigation in the display mode "rotate according to moving direction".

I agree.

Vr gr Peter Elderson

Tom Crocker

Jun 29, 2021, 8:58:13 AM6/29/21
to OsmAnd
For me, when I'm in "Map orientation: movement direction" mode, my position is near the bottom of the display, regardless of the mode of transport. For compass and no rotation, my position is centred. That seems right to me but perhaps you have a different experience or want it in one of the other orientation modes?

Bob Gambrel

Jun 29, 2021, 9:02:56 AM6/29/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Throwing my two cents in ...

The request is very reasonable. Having the "you are here right now" position in the middle of the screen has some use to me (see later in this email), but having that point be, say 25% from the bottom of the screen is often what I prefer. Here are two use cases that might apply here:

1) I want the screen orientation to show where I am going at the top of the screen and where I have been at the bottom of the screen. In that case I would want the "where I am now" point to be approximately 25% from the bottom of the screen.

2) I want the screen orientation to be "North up". (In this case the screen view matches holding a paper map with the North facing up). In this case I would want the "where I am now" point to be in the middle (50%) of the screen.

These are two different useful positions for the "where I am" marker.

Bob Gambrel

Jun 29, 2021, 9:05:10 AM6/29/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Tom Crocker's description of what is desired came in while I was writing mine. I agree with what he said and is exactly what I was agreeing to (in too many words!)

Tom Crocker

Jun 29, 2021, 9:16:03 AM6/29/21
to OsmAnd

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021, 14:05 Bob Gambrel, <rjga...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tom Crocker's description of what is desired came in while I was writing mine. I agree with what he said and is exactly what I was agreeing to (in too many words!)

Thanks Bob. In case it wasn't clear, that's the behaviour I currently get. It seems not everyone does?

GOUPIL 30101

Jun 29, 2021, 9:21:40 AM6/29/21
to OsmAnd
Hello and thank you all for your answers,
My wish is: When I am in navigation mode with guidance on a track, by bike or quad,
- I move in the direction of the track in front of me.
- I wish to have the maximum of trace in front of me and I prefer to have the cursor lower on the screen.
- You must have a "center cursor" button in map consultation and "down cursor" in guidance.
Including ??

Peter Elderson

Jun 29, 2021, 9:23:01 AM6/29/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Ah. I see. The "display position always in the center" setting needs to be off, then activate the Map Orientation setting "Movement Direction".
The you can position the "Here am I" arrow where you want it.
Vr gr Peter Elderson