Navigation without map just arrows and distance

Sven Böhm

Aug 16, 2020, 3:03:28 PM8/16/20
to OsmAnd
Hi,
Is there any setting that changes the navigation view?
I just want to have the arrow and distance that is usually shown on the upper left spread over the whole screen.
I don't need the map to be displayed....
Regards,
Sven

Dmitry Prodchenko

Aug 19, 2020, 4:33:01 AM8/19/20
to OsmAnd
Hello!
You can add marker to needed place and enable top bar view + direction arrows, but map it still be visible, currently OsmAnd doesn't have view or mode you mentioned.

Helmut Jarausch

Aug 19, 2020, 6:36:18 AM8/19/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
There is a profile with an helicopter icon.

Sven Böhm

Aug 19, 2020, 6:45:47 AM8/19/20
to OsmAnd
Sorry but I can't find such a profile...
You mean instead of car, boat, bicycle...?

Helmut Jarausch

Aug 19, 2020, 8:32:43 AM8/19/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, it is aeroplane which I have copied and modified for hiking. I assigned the helicopter icon that profile.

'Sven Böhm' via OsmAnd <osm...@googlegroups.com> schrieb am Mi., 19. Aug. 2020, 12:45:
Sorry but I can't find such a profile...
You mean instead of car, boat, bicycle...?

Everton Hermann

Aug 19, 2020, 1:36:14 PM8/19/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have made a plugin that shows  the next intersection very zoomed. I find it more useful than only the navigation arrows. Up to now it's for personal use and it's not yet part of OSMAnd but if there is a real interest I can take the time to see how to properly integrate it.
Additionally, by clicking in the volume button or the headset button it shows the following navigation instructions. My goal was to use it while hiking, take a look at the phone and with the volume button see the following actions and avoid spending much time looking at the phone. The same on a bike trek (using the headset button).
Here is a screenshot of it. So if there is enough interest and I find the time I can discuss with osmand team on the best way to integrate it.

Best regards

_20200819_193214.JPG

Werner

Aug 19, 2020, 2:37:59 PM8/19/20