How is OSMAND map updated?

jan

Aug 17, 2019, 2:55:27 PM8/17/19
to Osmand
HI,

I've OSMAND on mobile phone installed with map of The Netherlands.
Is that map being updated since installation or..... must I download a map of The Nertherlands again to get te updates of that map?

Xavier

Aug 17, 2019, 3:16:00 PM8/17/19
to Osmand
Press the "menu" button,
Pick the "Download Maps" menu item.
Touch the "Updates" tab
If need be, try pressing the "refresh" circle arrow in the top right
corner.

If an updated map has been produced, then you can initiate the download
from this screen.

jan

Aug 18, 2019, 5:30:08 AM8/18/19
to Osmand
Ok... if I press UPDATES... what is happen with my download quota... does it decrease?

Helmut Jarausch

Aug 18, 2019, 5:39:52 AM8/18/19
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Since the updates are usually huge (16 GB for me) I use the update function only if I'm connected to a WLAN.

Harry van der Wolf

Aug 18, 2019, 9:23:53 AM8/18/19
to osmand
No, You have a limited quota for the number of different maps in the free version, but you can download the same map without end.
And for little money you have the plus version with unlimited download of maps and also other type of maps.