OsmAnd+ Polish maps updates

Tomek Malinowski

May 20, 2019, 5:06:02 AM5/20/19
to Osmand
Hi
I have OsmAnd+ apiction and I should update maps once at month. For now, I have  March updates in map file.
When will be next updates?
What should i do to download May Updates ?

Tomasz Malinowski

Helmut Jarausch

May 20, 2019, 10:19:32 AM5/20/19
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Have a look at
The map for all of Poland is still at March 1st but the regional maps are the most recent (May 1st)

Tomek Malinowski

Dmitriy Prodchenko

May 27, 2019, 6:21:42 AM5/27/19
to Osmand
Hello, Tomek! Thank you for the feedback.
Unfortunately, OsmAnd stopped update full map of Poland, now we updating only region maps.

Max1234Ita

May 27, 2019, 11:19:00 AM5/27/19
to Osmand

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 8:41:54 PM UTC+2, Tomek Malinowski wrote:
Ok I understood but... Is it possible to someone can create current all poland map. Otherwise maybe I can myself compilation current map

Hi Tomek,
Of course you can create your own maps. All that you need is the OsmAndMapCreator program, a proper JAVA Runtime Environment... and a PC with *a lot* of memory (depending on how big is the raw file you're processing).

You can find some useful info here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OsmAndMapCreator.
HTH.

However, I don't think generating one single, huge .obf file is (anymore) necessary: when the old search algorithm was used, this was a major issue since the search would only take place only on the map you specified (you were forced to know in advance in which package the searched location was).
The current search routine, instead, looks into every active map present in your device, so there's no difference in having one comprehensive map or many regional maps installed.

Cheers,
Max