Measure distance widget

Gavinx

Oct 17, 2020, 12:41:47 AM10/17/20
to OsmAnd
I can no longer find the Measure Distance widget.

Is it buried somewhere?

thanks

Max1234 Ita

Oct 17, 2020, 2:44:35 AM10/17/20
to OsmAnd
No Gavin, it's still there!
It has been just renamed.
Try looking for 'Plan a route' in the main menu ;)

Best things,
Max

Denise or Gavin

Oct 17, 2020, 3:37:26 AM10/17/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Max. They sure have made a simple thing into a complicated one.

Helmut Jarausch

Oct 17, 2020, 3:58:15 AM10/17/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Measuring beeline distances hasn't got more complicated. But it has very useful new features. You can measure distances along a route passing through given points - and that for different profiles. Furthermore it has grown into a track editor.
IMHO it has got much more useful.
Thanks to the developers,
Helmut

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OsmAnd" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/osmand/CAHVD5kHWhtWT2B2u%3DsghFWUkkR-uskp5SfFbeACMDTk9_HDBrg%40mail.gmail.com.

Max1234 Ita

Oct 18, 2020, 3:34:46 AM10/18/20
to OsmAnd
I think they have decided to rename it since it now has improved features.
Now you can still measure the distance between points, but now you have also the option to calculate it along a way, by "sticking" to roads and tracks.

If you want to know what's the distance you will travel, you don't need to point multiple times to follow every single bend, just click the start and finish points, and the line will be drawn along a calculated route between
Hence the name "Plan a route".

Personally, I find that very comfortable (and of course the old option to measure point-by-point is still available)

Max