Quick action "Wikipedia English" bug?

Michael O'Kelly

Jun 18, 2019, 11:12:25 PM6/18/19
to Osmand
I think I may have tracked down a confusing bug in the "Wikipedia English" quick action.  Using Osmand+ 3.3.8, when I create and use a quick action button with the "Wikipedia English" POI filter, the map shows POIs for *every* language (as though I'd chosen a "Wikipedia" filter).  In fact, the button text is "Show Wikipedia", though it becomes "Hide Wikipedia English" after toggling.

Once I've used that Quick Action toggle, the normal "Search / Categories / Wikipedia English" filter no longer works correctly: it shows exactly the same results as the "Wikipedia" filter.  If I then force close Osmand+ and try the "Search / Categories / Wikipedia English" filter again, it works as expected, showing only English articles.

So it seems that using the Quick Action for this purpose permanently changes how language filtering works for the rest of the session.

Glad to provide screenshots if that might be helpful in investigating!

Michael O'Kelly

Jul 2, 2019, 2:36:32 PM7/2/19
to Osmand
This was fixed in the 3.4.0 release.  Thanks a ton!