Directions Coming Too Late

Eric Benton

Aug 21, 2020, 11:05:50 AM8/21/20
to OsmAnd

Hey, all. Sorry if this has been posted before, but I searched and couldn't find anything. Maybe due to wording, but hey, here we are. I just started using the app for cycling routes and I'm relatively happy with how detailed the offline directions are, but they are always 200-400ft behind where I actually am. I'll get a "Turn in 200ft" prompt after I've already passed the turn pretty often. Or, more often, the app will tell me to turn as I'm already 75% through the turn. Any idea what setting I can mess with to fix this? Maybe it has to do with the gpx files I'm downloading from Strava? Thanks in advance.

Eric Benton

Aug 26, 2020, 10:51:04 AM8/26/20
to OsmAnd
Anyone have any ideas?

Tom Crocker

Aug 26, 2020, 12:27:54 PM8/26/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Might a slow phone result in this?

Majka

Aug 27, 2020, 3:14:17 AM8/27/20
to OsmAnd
I can see here two or three possible reasons:
1. problem with the phone: it would mean OsmAnd gets the wrong position (it "sees" itself further back in the road than it is, the GPS info is delayed)
2. problem with the phone: the position correct but OsmAnd for some reason react too late (RAM?)
3. problem with the route itself.

I see as probable either 1 or 2, what phone are you using? You might be able to see it if you zone at your current position - it would show you at the place the phone sees you.

For 3:
How are you navigating? Along the downloaded route, or do you leave OsmAnd navigate you?
If you load the route and inspect it, does it correspond with the roads you see on the screen?

Majka

Greg Troxel

Aug 27, 2020, 7:28:50 AM8/27/20
to Majka, OsmAnd

Majka <majk...@gmail.com> writes:

> For 3:
> How are you navigating? Along the downloaded route, or do you leave OsmAnd
> navigate you?
> If you load the route and inspect it, does it correspond with the roads you
> see on the screen?

And:

Are you in China, and do the GPS position shown on the map, the roads
on the map, and the roads on the ground all line up?

If you create a pedestrian route, or a car route, *without using any
gpx*, do things work ok?

signature.asc