cannot get maps on sd-card, cannot find them anywhere at all even though they work

ra

Jul 17, 2019, 10:21:43 AM7/17/19
to Osmand
even though in osmand the sd-card was set to be the place for maps I found them internally. I changed the place and osmand offered to move the maps, which it did one by one. since then I cannot find them anywhere, neither connected to a pc nor on the phone. but the tool "treesize" shows they are there, without being able to show them individually as before. however, osmand seems to see them and shows green coverage. however, it is annoying that manually I NEVER achieve to indicate the place as the card as well as the internal storage wear internal names invisible from the outside, different from what I see in the explorer.

at the moment osmand names the place of storage is "/data/user/0/net.osmand.plus/no_backup" - but this place cannot be found. AT NO PLACE maps are indicated - although they work. so strange. how can I get the maps onto my sd-card, best without downloading them again (living in the german countryside this takes quite a while ...). hints very much welcome!

Helmut Jarausch

Jul 18, 2019, 5:11:34 AM7/18/19
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, first find the file name of a map you have installed - see https://osmand.net/list.php
but remove the .zip suffix.
Then start a file manager app (like Amaze which I like best for searching)
and search for that file

'ra' via Osmand <osm...@googlegroups.com> schrieb am Mi., 17. Juli 2019, 16:21:
[...]

ra

Jul 18, 2019, 7:26:41 AM7/18/19
to Osmand
neither via explorer connected to my PC nor with amaze such file is to be found. but the maps work.

ra

Jul 18, 2019, 8:19:42 AM7/18/19
to Osmand
additionally I find it strange how storage is named. in my german pc-explorer there is interner speicher and speicherkarte. the first amaze calls "0" sitting in /storage/emulated. the second it calls "5299-5AAD" sitting in /storage.

Harry van der Wolf

Jul 18, 2019, 9:14:47 AM7/18/19
to osmand
storage/emulated/0 is always internal memory, and sometimes it is called /sdcard (which is also confusing, because it is not the sd-card))

External memory always has "some" 8-digit identifier on Android 7+ (or so). However, simple file managers sometimes hide this identifier and call it "external memory".

Op do 18 jul. 2019 om 14:19 schreef 'ra' via Osmand <osm...@googlegroups.com>:
additionally I find it strange how storage is named. in my german pc-explorer there is interner speicher and speicherkarte. the first amaze calls "0" sitting in /storage/emulated. the second it calls "5299-5AAD" sitting in /storage.

ra

Jul 18, 2019, 10:00:19 AM7/18/19
to Osmand
correct: I have seen the "sd-card" NOT being the sd-card. great design.

I had to reload a worldwide map and some basic german maps and now it seems ok. still I do not understand why the files weren't visible before.

btw: sometimes osmand sends you obscure ways, thinking must NEVER be switched on. e.g. last week on an autobahn it wanted to send me through all leaves of a clover instead of just leading straight through, believe it or not. but all tracks disappeared with the operations above.