screen control > navigation instuctions

Jody Steyls

Sep 14, 2020, 8:15:02 AM9/14/20
to OsmAnd
Hi everyone

I'm having trouble getting the screen to wake up automatically based on navigation instructions. I remember flawless operation in previous versions. Now there are more setting options, but it doesn't seem to work that the screen automatically wakes up before and goes to sleep after a new navigation instruction.

At the moment these are my settings but honestly I have already tried all possible combinations without the desired result.
Screenshot_20200914-140111.jpeg

Am I overlooking something or is there a setting in another menu item related to this?
------
Android 7.0
Lenovo P2

Thank you very much!

Jody

Peter B

Sep 14, 2020, 3:24:15 PM9/14/20
to OsmAnd
Important: Set the first item "Screen timeout" to deactivated (this uses default system screen timeout).
Then "Wake time" to a value. This means how many seconds the screen stays ON after wakeup. Try 10 sec or other value.
Proximity sensor can make problems when you fix your device on a bike, so maybe test first without it.
For me it works with power botton =off, I am not shure whether to set or not.
Peter

Everton Hermann

Sep 14, 2020, 5:06:24 PM9/14/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Do you have voice instruction enabled? There is a "bug" in the code that  wakes up, since it's only called when there are voice instructions. It can be muted, but it must be enabled and probably a language must be selected.

Best regards

Peter B

Sep 15, 2020, 8:09:10 AM9/15/20
to OsmAnd
Voice instructions are enabled. I don't have problems.
I am currently cycling the river Mosel in France from spring, now after about 300km in Thionville, near frontier to Luxembourg.
Version is nightly from Sept 9.

Jody Steyls

Sep 17, 2020, 7:04:02 AM9/17/20
to OsmAnd
Hi Peter and Everton

solved!

I've screen timeout and voice instructions enabled and it works fine now.

Thanks,
Jody