iOS bug report: fails to ask for location permission

Luca Quassiati

Jul 19, 2020, 5:15:01 PM7/19/20
to OsmAnd
I installed OsmAnd on my Iphone.  On startup, instead of downloading the advised map, I went to map selection, to download my whole state (California).
From there, I then went to the map screen, and when I clicked on the "my location" icon, the app told me that it had no permission to location.
However, in the iPhone Settings, OsmAnd did not appear among the apps for which I could grant or deny location access.

This was solved by deleting the app and re-installing it.
But there appears to be a flow in which one can get to see the map, and yet, the app has not notified IOS that it needs to have location access.

(Let me know if this is not the right place to report these bugs).

Luca

Bart Eisenberg

Jul 19, 2020, 6:24:40 PM7/19/20
to OsmAnd