osl-dev --> the other osl-dev

Larry Gritz

Apr 3, 2020, 7:07:46 PM4/3/20
to OSL Developers List
As part of the transition to an ASWF project, we will be moving the mail list. (The archives will be transferred as well.)

Everybody reading this, please sign yourself up here: https://lists.aswf.io/g/osl-dev/

You will NOT automatically be signed up for the new list just because you were on the old list. You have to sign up.

At some point in a few weeks, after everybody has had plenty of time to get signed up for the new list, we will instruct everyone to send subsequent mail to the new list, throw the switch, and have the old list stop accepting new messages.

--
Larry Gritz
l...@larrygritz.com

Larry Gritz

Apr 13, 2020, 7:47:19 PM4/13/20
to OSL Developers List
Hi, this is a reminder to please get signed up for the new mail list -- instructions below -- so that you won't miss any messages when we eventually throw the switch.

There are 475 members on the old google groups osl-dev (what you're reading now).

There are 13 people signed up for the new osl-dev list on lists.aswf.io.

Please sign up today, it only takes a minute.

Olivier Paquet

Apr 14, 2020, 11:30:23 AM4/14/20
to OSL Developers
Le lundi 13 avril 2020 19:47:19 UTC-4, Larry Gritz a écrit :
Hi, this is a reminder to please get signed up for the new mail list -- instructions below -- so that you won't miss any messages when we eventually throw the switch.

There are 475 members on the old google groups osl-dev (what you're reading now).

There are 13 people signed up for the new osl-dev list on lists.aswf.io.

"Your subscription has not yet been approved."  might have something to do with that low count. Unless those get counted anyway. It's been that way for 10 days, for what it's worth.

Olivier

Alvaro Castaneda

Apr 14, 2020, 11:54:56 AM4/14/20
to osl...@googlegroups.com
Hi
yes, same for me, I subscribed yesterday to the new list and hasn't been processed I guess

thanks

Larry Gritz

Apr 14, 2020, 12:12:17 PM4/14/20
to OSL Developers List
Yep, that is an important clue about what's going on. :-)
Working on finding out where those moderation requests are going...
--
Larry Gritz

Wayne Wooten

Apr 14, 2020, 12:23:34 PM4/14/20
to Larry Gritz, osl...@googlegroups.com

 And I just now magically got my: Welcome to the new mailing list e-mail!

 Thanks for whoever unclogged the tubes.

  —Wayne

Olivier Paquet

Apr 14, 2020, 2:27:01 PM4/14/20
to OSL Developers
Le mardi 14 avril 2020 12:23:34 UTC-4, Wayne Wooten a écrit :

 And I just now magically got my: Welcome to the new mailing list e-mail!

 Thanks for whoever unclogged the tubes.

Same here. You can't stop the signal!

More seriously, the welcome email seems to have been written for an "osl-discussion" list instead of "osl-dev" and contains invalid URLs. Might want to fix that.

Olivier

Larry Gritz

Apr 15, 2020, 4:10:00 PM4/15/20
to OSL Developers List
Up to 58. Still a tiny fraction of those reading the old osl-dev.

Are people still in limbo, being told that their membership is awaiting approval but never hearing back?