PagedLOD doesn't get paged out

Trajce Nikolov NICK

Jul 15, 2021, 4:35:32 AM7/15/21
to osg-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Community,

I have converted OpenFlight database built by TerraVista. There are bunch of tiles and the master file just adds PagedLOD on top of these tiles. Something like in the following graph. I am seeing that the PagedLODs never gets paged out when the camera is out of their range. Any hints?

    osg::PagedLOD {
      UniqueID 381
      CenterMode USER_DEFINED_CENTER
      UserCenter 3.9809e+06 1.59494e+06 4.70532e+06 63038
      RangeList 1 {
        0 63038
      }
      DatabasePath FALSE
      RangeDataList 1 {
        "flight6_16_p.ive"
      }
      PriorityList 1 {
        0 1
      }
    }

--
trajce nikolov nick

Robert Osfield

Jul 15, 2021, 11:04:13 AM7/15/21
to OpenSceneGraph Users
Hi Nick,

The DatabasePager load balances so only pages out to make room for new tiles, if you are under the max number of PagedLOD the tiles will be left in memory even when out of view - the viewer may turn around or zoom to view previous locations so it helps to keep older tiles around if possible.  You can set the max number of tiles via OSG_MAX_PAGEDLOD env via or via the osgDB::DatabasePager API.

Robert.

Trajce Nikolov NICK

Jul 16, 2021, 2:10:36 AM7/16/21
to osg-...@googlegroups.com