[osg-users] matrix transformation order

David _

Sep 24, 2008, 8:51:28 AM9/24/08
to osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org
Hi, right now i have a matrix which contains N transformations. One of these is a scale, and i want to modify that scale

i call the decompose method of the matrix

matrix.decompose(traslation, rotation_quat, scale, scale_orientation);

then i modify the scale with the new value and when i try to "compose" the matrix back i´m not sure about the order of matrix multiplying i should use to get the same transformated object than before with the new scale applied

what looks ok to me is osg::Matrix(scale_orientation) * scale * osg::Matrix(rotation_quat) * traslation, but this is not working so if anyone have any idea it will be appreciated

i´ve also tried with scale * osg::Matrix(rotation_quat) * traslation

the rotation and scale should both be around the object space origin and the original object matrix was built using scale * rotation * translate

thanks

La cartera, las gafas. ¿te falta algo? Ahora llévate Messenger en tu móvil

David _

Sep 25, 2008, 5:48:04 AM9/25/08
to OpenSceneGraph Users
up!

From: solid_d...@hotmail.com
To: osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:51:28 +0200
Subject: [osg-users] matrix transformation order

Ahora llévate lo mejor de MSN y Windows Live, en tu móvil

Robert Osfield

Sep 25, 2008, 7:11:07 AM9/25/08
to OpenSceneGraph Users
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:48 AM, David _ <solid_d...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> up!

left!

Tomlinson, Gordon

Sep 25, 2008, 8:56:28 AM9/25/08

wrote:
> up!

>left!

Right!

Jean-Sébastien Guay

Sep 25, 2008, 9:19:19 AM9/25/08
to OpenSceneGraph Users
I'll beat you all:

>> up!
>
>> left!
>
> Right!

Frustum!

Ha! I got all your answers and 3 more!

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay jean-seba...@cm-labs.com
http://www.cm-labs.com/
http://whitestar02.webhop.org/

David _

Sep 25, 2008, 10:24:56 AM9/25/08
to OpenSceneGraph Users
i hate you all

;)

> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:19:19 -0400
> From: jean-seba...@cm-labs.com
> To: osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org
> Subject: Re: [osg-users] matrix transformation order

¡Haz tu clic solidario y ayuda a África! ¡Puedes empezar ahora!

Robert Osfield

Sep 25, 2008, 10:59:05 AM9/25/08
to OpenSceneGraph Users
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 3:24 PM, David _ <solid_d...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> i hate you all
>
> ;)

I'm afraid we know more about joking around that Matrix::decompose.... :-)

Looking at the svn log the code is from Vivek Rajan, back in Februrary
2007, so if he's still lurking on the list he'd be the best person to
answer your question.

Robert.

SD

Sep 2, 2020, 7:48:27 PM9/2/20
to OpenSceneGraph Users
12 year bump, anyone figure this out? I cannot.

OpenSceneGraph Users

Sep 3, 2020, 5:31:04 AM9/3/20
to osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org
What is exactly the problem you are facing? To the best of my
knowledge, getting the transformation sequence that lead to a given
matrix is not possible (unless trivial like only one transformation and
one rotation), so it is more sensible to save all the intermediate
matrices in order to redo the altered one.
--
Alberto