OSG 3.0.1 Windows Binaries

Luca Costantino

Feb 13, 2020, 10:05:42 AM2/13/20
to OpenSceneGraph Users
Hi all

I need to use OSG 3.0.1 in order to be compatible with some legacy app.
I cannot find anywhere the precompiled binaries for Windows, and unfortunately I am struggling to compile it on my own with Visual Studio.

Does anyone has such binaries to share, or can point where they can be downloaded?

Thanks
Regards

Luca

Chris Hanson

Feb 13, 2020, 11:33:46 AM2/13/20
to OpenSceneGraph Users, OpenSceneGraph Users
That's pretty old. What are you struggling with trying to compile it yourself?

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. Xe...@AlphaPixel.com http://www.alphapixel.com/
Training • Consulting • Contracting
3D • Scene Graphs (Open Scene Graph/OSG) • OpenGL 2 • OpenGL 3 • OpenGL 4 • GLSL • OpenGL ES 1 • OpenGL ES 2 • OpenCL
Legal/IP • Forensics • Imaging  UAVs • GIS • GPS • osgEarth • Terrain • Telemetry • Cryptography • LIDAR • Embedded • Mobile • iPhone/iPad/iOS • Android
@alphapixel facebook.com/alphapixel (775) 623-PIXL [7495]

Luca Costantino

Feb 13, 2020, 11:38:54 AM2/13/20
to osg-...@googlegroups.com, OpenSceneGraph Users
std::min / std::max undefined -> solved adding #include <algorithm> at the beginning of a couple of files
min and max not defined -> solved changing them in std::min and std:: max and adding the same header
if(getline(x, y) == 0) error -> it should be if (stream.fail())

right now it's building again, but I'm sure I will face some other error :/
I just switched from VS2017 to VS 2019, just in case...

OpenSceneGraph Users

Feb 13, 2020, 12:23:29 PM2/13/20
to osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org

Hi Luca,

Building an old version of OSG with a relatively new compiler will provoke these errors. Can’t you build with an older compiler toolset?

Cheers

Sebastian

Luca Costantino

Feb 13, 2020, 3:10:42 PM2/13/20
to osg-...@googlegroups.com, osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org
Hi

Yes, I was thinking that as well.
Tomorrow I will try using an older version of VS