Mobile Application Development Contest (MyMAD) 2014

Harisfazillah Jamel

Aug 18, 2014, 3:22:16 PM8/18/14
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
Mobile Application Development Contest (MyMAD) 2014

Visit MyMAD official Website For More Detail and registration

http://www.mosc.my/mymad

For inquiry please email to :-

my...@mosc.my and CC to mos...@gmail.com

MyMAD Contest Rules and Regulations 20140818 http://www.scribd.com/doc/237116135/MyMAD-Contest-Rules-and-Regulations-20140818

In line with the brand independent spirit of Malaysia Open Source Conference (MOSCMY), Participants can enter as long they have any one of criteria related to Open Source Software, in either part of the development and operation of the mobile application. This is a technical skill based contest with the aim to bridge the gap between knowledge of Open Source Software, innovation and marketability.

The Objective

The contest aims to promote the mobile application development initiatives among Malaysian and identify talents which could be nurtured for professional commercial mobile application venture.

The Challenge

1.  Participants are required to develop the application by using any of these platforms. Either Android, Windows Phone or any alternative platform such as FirefoxOS and Ubuntu Phone..

2. Participants are also required to develop the server side of the application by using a cloud service required by the MyMAD Contest Committee. the server side of the application needs to use programming language suitable for the cloud service required.

3. Participants need to attend MyMAD contest showcase, presentation and judging day on 13 September 2014 (MyMAD Day). Venue for MyMAD day is at the TM Convention Centre, Menara TM, Jalan Pantai Baharu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

4. During MyMAD Day on 13 September 2014, eligible participants will create an add-on function, with the participant mobile application prepared during the contest period. The add-on function will be only declared during MyMAD Day and participants will only have 4 hours (10am till 2pm) to complete the tasks. Non complete codes will be still be judged and took into consideration by the judges.

5. Participants have to bring along own hardware and device during MyMAD contest showcase, presentation and judging day.

6. Applications with highest score, subject to a minimum of 80 points, based on pre-set judging criteria wins.

PRIZES

The prizes for MyMAD Contest are as listed below. If the participating team is in a group, only one prize unit will be given, however all team members in the group will get a Certificate of Participant.

A) Grand Prizes

1 unit Google Nexus 10*

and Entrepreneurship Program*

Trophy & Certificate

B) 1st Runner up

1 unit Google Nexus 7*,

Trophy & Certificate

C) 2nd Runner up

1 Unit Samsung Galaxy Grand*,

Trophy & Certificate

D) All shortlisted participants attending MyMAD Day on 13rd September 2014

Certificate of Participant

*  Organiser reserves the right to substitute prize with another item of equivalent value without further notice to Participants (as per sponsored items)

** Minimum threshold to qualify as a winner of the Grand Prize is > 80 points based on the Judging Criteria. If there are no qualified participants, the Grand Prize will be brought forward to the following year.

MyMAD Timeline

Competition Commencement Date: 1st August 2014

* You can register and prepare your application till MyMAD Day.

* We are charging RM20/pax as commitment fee and can be paid on the day of the event 13rd September 2014.

Last entry submission date: 7 September 2014 (Sunday)

Announcement of shortlisted participants to attend MyMAD Day : 8 September 2014 (Monday)

* Selected participants will be contact by phone and email to attend MyMAD Day.

Competition showcase, presentation and judging Date (MyMAD Day): 13 September 2014 (Saturday)

Announcement of winners and prize presentation ceremony : 24 September 2014 (MOSCMY Conference)

How To Register?

STEP 1: Visit http://mymad2014.eventbrite.com?s=27223429 to get started. Register online at event website.

STEP 2: Start to design the most usable and innovative mobile application. You can always ask questions to my...@mosc.my and CC to mos...@gmail.com

STEP 3: Publish your completed application in either Windows Store, Google's Play Store or Apple's AppStore accordingly.

STEP 4: At the same time, email your published application detail together with the User Manual to the Organiser my...@mosc.my and CC to mos...@gmail.com before the “final submission date for mobile application”.

STEP 5: Shortlisted participants will be notified to attend MyMAD Day for a 10 minutes Live Presentation to the panel of Judges of MyMAD Contest 2014. You are allowed to present an updated version of your mobile application (if any). Shortlisted participants will bear the costs of transportation and accommodation on their own.

STEP 6: Visit http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/free-trial/ and register for server side of your mobile application. Participants are advice to do this after 1st September 2014.

The evaluation and selection process by the panel of judges will be done on all complete submissions received.

We will disqualify any incomplete or illegible entries that we receive. We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.

Am I Eligible to Participate?

1. Open to all Malaysian. For non-Malaysian participant in a team, the team leader must be a Malaysian.

2. You are at least 18 years of age as of 30 June 2014.

3. If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Competition.

4. You may participate as an individual or in a team of not more than 3 members.

5. You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of MyMAD Organiser and KOSTEM.

6. Please review the details on the eligibility requirements, methods of entry, content, and technical requirements before registering for the MyMAD Contest event.

* Terms and Conditions apply *

For more information :-

COMMON TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Please download and read the Official Rules that govern how the My Mobile Application Development Contest (MyMAD) 2014. In these rules, "we," "our," and "us" refer to MyMAD Organiser, the Organiser of this Contest. “You” and “Yourself” refers to an eligible participant.

http://www.mosc.my/mymad

Indemnity

By submitting your Entry to MyMAD Contest Committee , you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless MyMAD Contest Committee  and its affiliates and their respective owners, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any claims, demands, suits, liabilities, costs, losses, or expenses, (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees), of any kind or nature arising in connection with (i) a material breach of the representations or warranties made in Section 10, (ii) a material breach by you of this Agreement, or (ii) your gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
mymad-promo.png
MyMobileApplicationDevelopmentContestMyMAD2014Promotion-20140819.pdf