The graphical editor does not work when adding OSATE to an existing Eclipse from the update site.

Dominique Blouin

Jan 28, 2022, 8:41:35 AM1/28/22
to OSATE
Hi all,
I have added the latest OSATE 2.10.0 ton an Eclipse Modeling Tools package  2021-03. Unfortunately the grahical editor does not work. After comparing with a packaged OSATE, I noticed that the Open Java FX plugins are missing. It looks like there is no dependency added to OSATE GE on these plugins, which is why they were not installed. I also could not find an update site for them to add them.

Thanks for your help,

Dominique

Philip Alldredge

Jan 28, 2022, 9:06:21 AM1/28/22
to Dominique Blouin, OSATE
Because of JavaFX's history and because it must be loaded from the module path and not the class path, things are a bit odd. I would recommend the following.

1. Install the unofficial OpenJFX features from the following update site. The standard, swing, and SWT features should be sufficient. [These features aren't typical eclipse plugins. They just provide the JavaFX modules so that they can be loaded. They don't export packages and aren't required JavaFX jmods were included when building the target JRE]
https://downloads.efxclipse.bestsolution.at/p2-repos/openjfx-16
2. Verify that e(fx)clipse is configured as a framework extension in your eclipse.ini. The feature for e(fx)clipse may need to be installed but it may be already installed as part of the Eclipse Modeling Tools package. Ensure the following is included in your eclipse.ini:
-Dosgi.framework.extensions=org.eclipse.fx.osgi

Philip Alldredge
Principal Research Scientist
Rotorcraft Systems Engineering and Simulation Center
University of Alabama in Huntsville
VBH A-4

Dominique Blouin

Jan 28, 2022, 10:13:34 AM1/28/22
to OSATE
It worked. Thanks for your quick answer!