Grid - add row via keyboard and how to show xf:help via keyboard

Jarosław Kowalewski

Mar 9, 2020, 6:19:39 PM3/9/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
In the Orbeon  Orbeon Forms 2018.2.1.201902072242 CE   I'm trying to add repetition using a keyboard and it seems not to work.

Bug? is similar to this one https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/3892 but I have at least one iteration in my repeat and it doesn't work as expected.

I tested the same form with 2019.2 PE and it works.

The fix was added to the 2018.2.1 CE as well?

The second question is: how to activate xf:help info via keyboard? Is it at all possible? I can find anything related.
image.png

//Jarek

Erik Bruchez

Mar 10, 2020, 12:25:29 PM3/10/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
> I'm trying to add repetition using a keyboard

What steps are you following?

> The fix was added to the 2018.2.1 CE as well?

Yes, see:

https://blog.orbeon.com/2019/02/orbeon-forms-201821-ce.html

So it's probably another issue.

> how to activate xf:help info via keyboard? Is it at all possible

I think this is not possible at this time.

-Erik

--
Sent from: http://discuss.orbeon.com/

Alessandro Vernet

Mar 10, 2020, 12:33:28 PM3/10/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jarek,

>> how to activate xf:help info via keyboard? Is it at all possible
> I think this is not possible at this time.

And I also added a +1 from you on #2381 linked below.

https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/2381

‑Alex

-----
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet

Jarosław Kowalewski

Mar 10, 2020, 5:18:20 PM3/10/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Erik for the answer,

wt., 10 mar 2020 o 17:25 Erik Bruchez <ebru...@orbeon.com> napisał(a):
>  I'm trying to add repetition using a keyboard

What steps are you following?
Steps:
1. focus on the field before the repeated grid
2. move the cursor  via Tab
3. when "+" button gets focus push enter on the keyboard
4. I did tests again with one initial row and without any rows and it seems that it doesn't work in both cases.
5. checked with newest Chrome and FF
image.png

> The fix was added to the 2018.2.1 CE as well?

Yes, see:

    https://blog.orbeon.com/2019/02/orbeon-forms-201821-ce.html

So it's probably another issue.

Yes, I saw that but based on our tests it doesn't work in this version.

> how to activate xf:help info via keyboard? Is it at all possible

I think this is not possible at this time.

-Erik

--
Sent from: http://discuss.orbeon.com/

Jarosław Kowalewski

Mar 10, 2020, 5:23:41 PM3/10/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,
I read your ideas on how to solve this problem. Is it compatible with WCAG spec? I don't have expert knowledge in that area.

//Jarek

Alessandro Vernet

Mar 11, 2020, 1:34:53 AM3/11/20
to orb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jarek,

Yes, that last proposal (see 1st link below) is compatible with WCAG 2.1
section 2.1 (see 2nd link below).

https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/2381#issuecomment-140919197
https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#keyboard-accessible